Care Guidelines and Provider Tools
- The Wisconsin Diabetes Advisory Group recommends use of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) Clinical Practice Recommendations for guidance on high-quality, evidence-based diabetes clinical care. The ADA also offers an abridged version for primary care providers, Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes: Abridged for Primary Care Providers.
- Wisconsin Provider Supplements for Diabetes Care
- Wisconsin Diabetes Weekly: the Chronic Disease Prevention Program publishes a weekly newsletter that compiles the latest diabetes-related information in the news, research, educational opportunities, resources, and news from our partners for health care professionals and others working in the diabetes prevention and management profession.
- Managing Health Care Waste: the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' website has information on managing health care waste for patients, clinics, schools, and others.
- Managing Household Medical Sharps: the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources website has information on correct packaging and safe disposal of medical sharps through the Wisconsin Sharps Collection Program.
- Blood Sugar Log Booklet, P-00246: This booklet, available in both English and Spanish, provides a place to record three months of blood sugar test results.
- Needy Meds: an informational resource to help patients locate assistance programs that help them afford medications and other healthcare costs.
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance: a free, online resource that helps uninsured and under-insured patients find programs that provide prescription medicines for free or nearly free.
Last Revised: August 15, 2019