The Chronic Disease Prevention Program is committed to sharing chronic disease data with Wisconsin communities. Explore maps and data resources by topic below.
Heart Disease and Stroke
- Blood Pressure Medication Nonadherence Among Medicaid Members by County and Pharmacy Locations, P-02172a (PDF)
- Blood Pressure Medication Nonadherence Among Medicaid Members and Pharmacy Locations in Milwaukee County, P-02172 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Coverdell Stroke Program: Stroke Transfer Map
- Wisconsin Diagnosed Hypertension by County, P-01946 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Stroke Drive-time to Stroke Centers, P-00538 (PDF)
- Heart Health in Wisconsin: Professional Version, P-01270 (PDF)
- Heart Health in Wisconsin: Public Version, P-01629 (PDF)
- The Burden of Heart Disease and Stroke in Wisconsin, 2010, P-00146 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Heart Disease and Stroke Surveillance Summary Update, 2007, P-43040 (PDF)
Diabetes and Prediabetes
- Wisconsin Diagnosed Diabetes by County Map, P-01845 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Diagnosed Prediabetes by County, Map, P-02021 (PDF)
- Diabetes Surveillance System: Explore estimates and trends of diabetes prevalence, diabetes incidence, risk factors, preventive care practices, and complications.
- Diabetes Social Determinants of Health: Explore county-level estimates of diabetes, physical activity, and obesity within the context of important social factors.
- Diabetes State Burden Toolkit: Explore data to understand the health, economic, and mortality burden of diabetes in Wisconsin.
Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity
- Wisconsin Farmers Market Availability and Percent Poverty by Census Tract, P-01967 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Overweight and Obesity by County, P-01947 (PDF)
- Healthy Wisconsin (2017-2021) Nutrition and Physical Activity Data Brief, P-03272 (PDF)
- Breastfeeding in Wisconsin: How Hospitals Can Affect Breastfeeding, P-01274 (PDF)
- Wisconsin Overweight and Obesity Fact Sheet, P-01274 (PDF)
- County Health Rankings & Roadmaps is a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, providing annual county-level measures for vital health factors, including high school graduation rates, obesity, smoking, unemployment, access to healthy foods, the quality of air and water, income inequality, and teen births.
- Wisconsin Chronic Disease Quality Improvement Project (CDQIP) is a collaboration between Wisconsin Health Plans, the Department of Health Services' Chronic Disease Prevention Program, and the University of Wisconsin's Population Health Institute. CDQIP publishes annual reports evaluating the quality of chronic disease prevention and care.
- Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Control Program reports facts and figures on the burden of cancer in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Environmental Public Health Data Tracker has data on over a dozen environmental public health topics including emergency department visits and/or hospitalizations for heart attack, oral health, asthma, and cancer.
- Wisconsin Health Atlas is funded by the Wisconsin Partnership Program and staffed by employees of the Obesity Prevention Initiative and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. This resource provides a statewide weight, healthy eating, and physical activity dashboard for local change makers to inform and support health promotion efforts.
- Wisconsin Interactive Statistics on Health (WISH) Query System houses state-level health indicators including health behaviors, hospitalizations, mortality, and morbidity data.
- Wisconsin Survey of the Health of Wisconsin (SHOW) is a comprehensive ongoing annual health survey gathering data on health and a wide range of health determinants. Surveys are completed by physical measurement and biosample collection. Data are collected from participants living in diverse urban and rural communities, towns and cities across the state.
- America's Health Rankings provides historical and comprehensive health, environmental, and socioeconomic data used to determine national health benchmarks and state rankings.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Behavior Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) Prevalence Data & Data Analysis Tools allows you to find city and county data collected through various resources provided through BRFSS.
- CDC Diabetes Atlas houses interactive county-level data and maps on diagnosed diabetes prevalence and incidence, obesity, and physical inactivity from 2004-2019.
- CDC Heart Disease and Stroke Atlas is an interactive online mapping tool to create and customize county-level maps of heart disease and stroke by race and ethnicity, gender, age group, and more.
- CDC 500 Cities Project: Local Data for Better Health provides census tract-level small area estimates for chronic disease risk factors, health outcomes, and clinical preventive service use for Wisconsin’s seven largest cities: Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay, Kenosha, Racine, Appleton, and Waukesha.