Katie Beckett Medicaid: Eligibility
There are certain criteria children must meet to qualify for Katie Beckett Medicaid.
- Be under age 19.
- Meet the definition of “disabled” under the Social Security Act.
- Be a U.S. citizen or qualifying immigrant.
- Be a Wisconsin resident.
- Live at home, in a foster care setting, or in another eligible community-based setting.
- Require the kind of care typically provided by a hospital or long-term care facility.
- Receive safe and appropriate care at home.
- Not have income in their name that is more than the current income limit for those living in an institution.
- Not receive care at home that costs more than the care they would receive in a long-term care facility covered by Medicaid.
If you have questions about eligibility for Katie Beckett Medicaid, contact an eligibility specialist by calling 888-786-3246, emailing DHSKatieBeckett@dhs.wisconsin.gov, or faxing 608-226-5420.
To learn more about other services available for children and families through Medicaid, see our Medicaid and Children’s Services Program Benefits Overview, P-02996. You can also learn more on our Children’s Services Programs: Cross Comparison, P-02991.