End Teen Dating Violence
Connect with trained advocates by phone, live chat, or text at www.loveisrespect.org.
Did you know, in Wisconsin...
- 1 in 5 teens experiences dating violence.
- 1 in 4 teens in a relationship says they have been called names, harassed, or put down by their partner through mobile devices.
- 2 in 3 teens who were in an abusive relationship never told anyone about the abuse.
You can make a difference by talking to young people about:
- The warning signs of dating abuse (all kinds, not just physical abuse)
- The characteristics of healthy teen relationships, not just abusive ones
- How the media portrays relationships
Check out the annual Teen Summit.
This training, put on Feb. 23–25, by End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin, brought together youth, parents, educators, activists, and mentors from across Wisconsin to learn about healthy relationships, teen dating violence, and sexual assault within a larger anti-oppression framework.
For more information, or to ask a question, email the Wisconsin Adolescent Health Program.