Veyo began providing NEMT services in November 2021. They replaced Medical Transportation Management, Inc.
Medicaid and BadgerCare Plus members who were eligible to use NEMT services through Medical Transportation Management, Inc., can now use them through Veyo. Veyo covers the same types of appointments and provides the same types of transportation.
To schedule a ride, call 866-907-1493.
What are NEMT services?
Medicaid must make sure its members get rides to and from covered appointments and services when they don’t have any other way to do so. Wisconsin’s NEMT manager, Veyo, works with transportation providers, such as public transportation services and specialized medical vehicle companies, to do this.
Rides can include:
- Public buses.
- Specialized medical vehicles.
- Other types of vehicles depending on medical or transportation needs.
You can also get money for gas.
The types of covered rides include:
- Common carrier transportation.
- Non-emergency ambulance transportation.
- Regularly scheduled rides.
- Routing rides.
- Specialized medical vehicle transportation.
- Urgent rides.
Why did Wisconsin’s NEMT manager change?
Wisconsin law requires us to evaluate our NEMT needs on a regular basis. It gives us the chance to improve the program. For example, in our recent request for proposals, or RFP, we called for improvements to things like:
- Customer service.
- Member protections.
- Quality assurance.
How do you make sure your NEMT services are high quality?
We monitor NEMT services for:
- Requirements related to driver:
- Background checks
- Drug testing
Service access and timeliness
- A call center that’s 99.7% complaint-free
- A third-party NEMT member advocate to help members use Veyo and resolve issues or complaints
- A transportation provider ombudsman to help with questions and claims processing
- Access requirements for specialized medical vehicles
- Call center standards that help with call volume during busy times
- Electronic ride tracking
- Member resources, such as:
- Dedicated member ombudsman
- Online complaint submission
- Online scheduling
Transparency and accountability
- A full-time employee to review day-to-day NEMT operations and monitor trends and complaints
- Penalties for not meeting standards
Has anything changed for members?
Veyo services offer a few improvements and changes, including:
- A dedicated NEMT management unit to support rides related to critical appointments, such as:
- Cancer treatments
- Dental emergencies
- Hospital services
- A mobile-friendly portal to manage and schedule rides to one of your last five destinations. The portal also lets you:
- Request a ride home from an appointment.
- View driver photos and vehicle information, when available.
- View the location of your ride in real time.
- Additional call center standards to improve your experience. These include faster call responses during busy hours.
- The ability to speak to an independent reviewer if denied a ride while trying to schedule one over the phone. The reviewer can reconsider the case.
- The ability to file complaints online. For more information, view ForwardHealth Update 2021-35 (PDF).
How can I help provide transportation?
Veyo is currently looking for transportation providers throughout the state. They use quality, third-party providers.
They also use fleets of independent driver-providers. If you’re a qualified commercial transportation provider and would like to partner with Veyo, you can start by filling out a transportation provider form. After that, Veyo’s Provider Operations team will reach out with next steps, which include applying, getting credentialed, and contracting.
Call Veyo’s Provider Operations team at 608-673-3870 or contact them by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.