This training adapts six of the eight Experiential Training scenarios into video-based training. Each scenario has its own Training Guide which provides all the materials you need to get started.
This training can be used for new employees, to fulfill your on-going training needs, or to address a specific incident that has recently occurred. In addition, the training can be used to train one caregiver, a group of caregivers, as a stand-alone training, or as one piece of a larger training.
- Knowing how to identify the red flags of abuse and neglect
- Understanding and utilizing appropriate responses when abuse or neglect is suspected or observed, including reporting protocols
- Understanding the strategies and techniques to protect residents and prevent abuse
- Identifying the promising practices to promote resident and staff safety, dignity, respect and health
Individual trainings take approximately 45 minutes to complete, including a 10 minute follow-up session with the supervisor. Group trainings take approximately 60 minutes to complete. The Training Guides provide step by step instructions and copies of all the handouts you will need for each scenario.
Ordering a Copy of the Training Materials:
To order a copy of the DVD Abuse and Neglect Prevention Training, please complete the information below and mail the form along with a check or money order for $5.00 (payable to the Division of Quality Assurance) to cover the shipping and handling fee to:
Department of Health Services
Division of Quality Assurance
PO Box 2969
Madison, WI 53701-2969
* Please note that forms submitted without the $5.00 fee will not be processed.
DVD Request Form (PDF, 20 KB)
There is also a copy of an uplifting multi-media presentation on the important role caregivers play in preventing abuse and neglect. The presentation can be viewed and/or downloaded online at: http://www.uwosh.edu/ccdet/caregiver/tribute.htm