These resources are for professionals involved in the Preadmission Screening and Resident Review process.
PASRR rules and regulations
- PASRR Regulations (42 CFR Part 483)
- Nursing Facility Regulations (42 CFR Part 483)
- ICF/MR Regulations (42 CFR Part 483)
- Subpart I (PDF)
- Wis. Stat. ch. 46 - Social Services
- See Wis. Stat. § 46.279 regarding restrictions on placements and admissions to intermediate and nursing facilities.
- See Wis. Stat. § 46.90 regarding the elder abuse reporting system.
- Wis. Stat. ch. 50 - Uniform Licensure
- See Wis. Stat. § 50.06 regarding certain admissions to facilities.
- Wis. Stat. ch. 51 - State Alcohol, Drug Abuse, Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health Act
- Wis. Stat. ch. 54 - Guardianships and Conservatorships
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.25 regarding duties and powers of guardian of the person.
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.48 regarding protective placement and protective services.
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.50 regarding temporary guardianships.
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.52 regarding standby guardianships.
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.54 regarding successor guardian.
- See Wis. Stat. § 54.68 regarding review of conduct of guardian.
- NOTE: Prior to the effective date of this chapter, which was December 1, 2006, all court orders granted full guardianship unless otherwise specifically noted by the court; after the effective date, wards retain all rights to make decisions expect as specifically identified by the court (limited guardianship)
- Wis. Stat. ch. 55 - Protective Service System
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.001 regarding declaration of policy.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.043 regarding adult-at-risk agency.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.055 regarding admissions initially made without court involvement.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.08 regarding protective services or protective placements: standards.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.12 regarding order for protective services or protective placement.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.13 regarding emergency protective services.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.135 regarding emergency and temporary protective placement.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.14 regarding involuntary administration of psychotropic medication.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.18 regarding annual review of protective placement.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.19 regarding annual review of order authorizing involuntary administration of psychotropic medication.
- See Wis. Stat. § 55.23 regarding patients' rights.
- Wis. Stat. ch. 146 - Miscellaneous Health Provisions
- Wis. Stat. ch. 154 - Advance Directives
- Wis. Stat. ch. 155 - Power of Attorney for Health Care
- See Wis. Stat. § 155.20 regarding powers and limitations of a health care agent.
- Wis. Stat. ch. 244 - Uniform Power of Attorney for Finances and Property
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 92 - Confidentiality of Treatment Records
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 94 - Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 107 - Covered Services
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 129 - Certification of Programs for Training and Testing Nurse Aides, Medication Aides and Feeding Assistants (Appendix A)
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 132 - Nursing Homes (Appendix A)
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 133 - Home Health Agencies
- Wis. Admin Code ch. DHS 134 - Facilities Serving People With Developmental Disabilities (Appendix A)
2009 Wisconsin Act 281 (Wis. Stat. § 50.08): Informed consent is required before administration of psychotropic medication to a nursing home resident who has degenerative brain disorder
DHS PASRR forms
- F-01012: Reimbursement Request for a PASRR Level I Screen
- F-01020: Nursing Home Care Determination Request
- F-01104: Specialized Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (SPRS) Monthly Roster (EXCEL)
- F-02784: PASRR 30-day Information Required for PASRR Exemption Letter Request (PDF)
- F-20822: County Review of Nursing Home, IMD or ICF/MR Referrals
- F-22191: Preadmission Screen and Resident Review (PASRR) Level 1 Screen
- F-24277: Informed Consent for Medications - Psychotropic Medications
- F-82009: Confidential Information Release Authorization
Medicaid PASRR information
ForwardHealth Update 2008-43: Policy changes for PASRR Level 1 and nurse aide training/testing (PDF)
ForwardHealth Update 2009-42: Revised forms for nursing facilities (PDF)
Medicaid Handbook Topic #3189: Specialized Services
Nursing homes are also eligible for a $9.00 per member, per day supplement to the nursing home's daily rate for members with a serious mental illness who have been determined by the PASRR to require specialized services. Payments are made quarterly and are reflected on the nursing home's RA.
This supplemental reimbursement is available for members who are not developmentally disabled and only for those days on which the member is in the facility and receiving specialized services, so therapeutic and hospital bed hold days do not qualify. There is no supplement to the daily rate for the developmentally disabled members because of the funding sources for specialized services, including the Medicaid nursing home formula.
ForwardHealth Update 2017-04: New policy for nursing homes regarding developmentally disabled level of care assignments
PASRR Level II contractor
All referrals for PASRR Level II screens should be faxed to Behavioral Consulting Services. Use one of these fax numbers:
For help, call 262-376-1223 or email email@example.com. Do not email referrals. All referrals should be faxed.
In the event that you need to mail documents to Behavioral Consulting Services, use the following address.
Behavioral Consulting Services
PO Box 953
Grafton, WI 53024
Department of Health Services PASRR Email Address
If you have questions or concerns regarding the PASRR, email the Division of Care and Treatment Services. Provide information about the challenge you are experiencing and who should be contacted if a response is necessary. Identify if any health or safety risks are involved in the situation.
- National Association of PASRR Professionals
- PASRR Technical Assistance Center
- SAMHSA: Resources for Older Adults