Current Wis. Admin. Code ch. DHS 75 (PDF) is still in effect until October 1, 2022. You will need to scroll to find your subchapter, sections, subsections, or paragraphs.
A medically monitored treatment service operates as a 24-hour, community-based service providing observation, monitoring and treatment by a multidisciplinary team under supervision of a physician, with a minimum of 12 hours of counseling provided per week for each patient.
One year (Provisional)
According to Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 75.03 (2)(c) – Determination. Upon receipt of a completed application for certification DHS shall review the application for compliance with this chapter, which may include an on-site survey. Within 45 days after receiving a completed application, DHS shall either approve or deny the application. If the application for certification is denied, DHS shall give the individual or organization applying for certification reasons, in writing, for the denial and shall inform the individual or organization of a right to appeal that decision under par. (i).
The following applications are required for Community Substance Abuse (CSAS) certification for a Medically Monitored Treatment Service:
- Community Substance Abuse Services (CSAS) Medically Monitored Treatment Service Initial Certification Application - DHS 75.11, F-00514
- Community Substance Abuse Service (CSAS) General Requirements Initial Certification Application - DHS 75.03, F-00523
- Community Substance Abuse Services (CSAS) Verification of Criteria - DHS 75.02 (11), F-00438
- Behavioral Health Certification Section: Initial Certification Application, F-62504* (Word)
- Behavioral Health Services Initial Certification Application - DHS 94 Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances, F-00273*
* These applications are not required if the service is being added to an existing certification.
Caregiver Background Check
A caregiver background check (CBC) is required to be completed for all applicants/legal representatives prior to the approval of any new license, certification or registration of a DQA regulated entity.
- Review information for Licensee Applicants/License Holder Background Checks found on the Caregiver Background Check Process web page for the completion of the Background Information Disclosure (BID) form and Appendix. Complete either the Online Caregiver Background Check (CBC) process or the manual application process.
- Also review information on the requirement for Employee Background Checks found on the Caregiver Background Check Process webpage.
WI Administrative Code
Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 12, Caregiver Background Checks
Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 13, Reporting and Investigation of Caregiver Misconduct
Wisconsin Admin. Admin. Code § DHS 75.02, Definitions
Wisconsin Admin. Admin. Code § DHS 75.03, General Requirements
Wisconsin Admin. Admin. Code § DHS 75.11, Medically Monitored Treatment Service
Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 92, Confidentiality of Treatment of Records
Wisconsin Admin. Code ch. DHS 94, Patient Rights and Resolution of Patient Grievances
Visit the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) Treatment Programs webpage for more information.