The Provider Search tool gives you an easy and fast way to find a health or residential care provider in Wisconsin. This includes residential care providers. All providers listed are regulated by Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), Division of Quality Assurance (DQA).
How to use Provider Search to find a provider or generate a directory
Follow these steps when using the Provider Search tool.
1. Enter search criteria in Provider Search.
- Go to Provider Search.
- Use one or more Search Criteria to find a provider. You can search by either:
- Provider name.
- Location (county, city, state, or distance from a given ZIP code).
- Provider/Facility type. For example, if you're looking for adult day care centers, check the Adult Day Care Center checkbox. The results will include providers that offer this service.
- Select Search.
2. Review and export the results of your search criteria.
You should see a list of providers that match your search. You can sort the list by selecting a column heading. You can also view a printer-friendly version.
The list of providers on the search results screen have a limited number of columns displayed. To generate a directory, or if you would like more detailed information about all providers in your search results, you may select the "Export Results to Excel" button at the top of the list to download an Excel file of your search results. The Excel version of the search results includes more columns such as the date the provider's license or certification was issued and the provider's HCBS Compliance status.
3. Select a provider to see more information.
When you find a provider that interests you, select the provider name to see more about them. Many providers have a Survey History section. This shows surveys that DQA did in the last three years. Provider Search does not include survey history for hospital providers. The goal of surveys is to make sure providers meet state and federal requirements and offer quality care. Surveys can tell you how many violations a provider has had.
Note: there may be some delay between when the survey happens and when results are posted. If you can't find a survey, email email@example.com.
4. Select another provider or do a new search.
At the top or bottom of a provider information page, you can select either:
- Return to Search Results - Go back to the provider listing from your current search.
- Perform a New Search - Start over at step 1.
These resources also may help you find and choose a provider. Select a link to learn more.
Learn about provider types listed in Provider Search
- Finding and Choosing an Adult Day Care Center
- Finding and Choosing Substance Use Treatment Programs
- Finding and Choosing an Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Finding and Choosing an Assisted Living Facility
- Finding and Choosing an End Stage Renal Disease Treatment Facility
- Finding and Choosing a Facility Serving People with Developmental Disabilities
- Finding and Choosing a Home Health Agency
- Finding and Choosing a Hospice
- Finding and Choosing a Hospital
- Finding and Choosing Mental Health Care Treatment Programs
- Finding and Choosing a Nursing Home
- Finding and Choosing an Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility
- Finding and Choosing a Personal Care Agency
- Finding and Choosing a Rural Health Clinic
Learn about my rights and/or file a complaint
These resources can help you understand laws that protect you and your care.
- Client Rights Office—Find out how to get advice about your rights from a team of experts. This office helps people who get services for a disability, mental health, or substance use. They'll tell you more about your rights under the law, Wis. Stat. §§ 51.30 and 51.61, and what they mean.
- Complaints or Problems with Your Health Care—Find out how to file a complaint about your health care. Includes issues with health and residential care facilities, providers, insurance, and medical bills.
- End-of-Life Planning—Learn about how to plan for the end of life. Includes details on advance directives, do-not-resuscitate orders, privacy rights, and more.