The Executive Committee provides leadership and direction to SCAODA by setting meeting agendas and prioritizing activities.
- Roger Frings, SCAODA chair
- Sandy Hardie, SCAODA vice chair
- Kevin Florek, SCAODA secretary
Cultural Diversity Committee
The Cultural Diversity Committee focuses on enhancing and honoring the lives of the diverse populations of Wisconsin by providing access to culturally and linguistically appropriate prevention, treatment, and recovery services related to substance use disorders.
Contact Mai Zong Vue for more information about this committee and how to become a member.
- Sandy Hardie (Chair)
- Harold Gates
- Anthony Harris
- Denise Johnson
- Gail Kinney
- Tish Minor
- Cathy Scheier
- Thai Vue
- To identify, coordinate, review, and promote the use of existing best practice for programs providing substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders for the underserved populations.
- To identify unmet needs of underserved populations.
- To develop action steps to bridge identified gaps for unmet services.
- Cultural Diversity Committee Mission and Objectives (Word)
- Cultural Diversity Committee Guidelines (Word)
- Cultural Competency: Its Impact on Addiction, Treatment and Recovery (PDF)
- AODA Services for the Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing of Wisconsin
- CLAS Self Assessment Tool (PDF)
- Cultural Competence and Diversity (PowerPoint) – Harold Gates presentation at March 3, 2017 SCAODA meeting
- Online Museum of African American Addictions, Treatment and Recovery – This online museum is curated by Mark Sanders, and contains historical data, scholarly articles, educational videos, and music.
- Wisconsin Addiction Recovery Helpline
Intervention and Treatment Committee
The Intervention and Treatment Committee focuses on substance use intervention and treatment programs and services.
Contact Saima Chauhan for more information about this committee and how to become a member.
Planning and Funding Committee
The Planning and Funding Committee focuses on coordinating substance use disorder initiatives across state agencies.
- Christine Ullstrup, Council Citizen Member, Meta House, Milwaukee (Committee Chairperson)
- Kellie Blechinger, Wisconsin Department of Corrections
- Brian Dean, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Michelle Devine Giese, Apricity Services, Neenah
- Kevin Florek, Tellurian, Inc., Madison
- Jill Gamez, Arbor Place, Menominee
- Karen Kinsey, ARC Community Services, Madison
- Raeanna Johnson, Alarus Healthcare, Grafton
The Prevention Committee focuses on issues related to the prevention of harmful substance use.
Contact Raina Haralampopoulos for more information about this committee and how to become a member.
Ad hoc workgroups