The State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (SCAODA) has been providing leadership and coordination regarding alcohol and other drug abuse issues confronting Wisconsin for more than 50 years. SCAODA's work includes advising state agencies on substance use disorder prevention, treatment and recovery activities; reviewing pending legislation, including state budget proposals; and developing plans to guide administration of the federal Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Grant. Members are appointed by the governor and represent state agencies, the legislature, treatment providers, consumers, and citizens.
- Chair: Kevin Florek
- Vice Chair: Sandy Hardie
- Secretary: Christine Ullstrup
Items of interest
- Mental Health and Substance Use Block Grant Application 2024-2025 Draft
- FFY 2023 Annual SYNAR Report (PDF)
Have a question or concern to share with the State Council on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse? Email the DHS Division of Care and Treatment Services.
- Alcohol: Adult use
- Alcohol: Attributable deaths by county
- Alcohol: Hospitalizations by county
- Alcohol: Youth use
- Drug overdose deaths
- Opioids: Summary data
- Opioids: Deaths by county
- Opioids: Hospital visits
- Opioids: Adult usage
- Opioids: Youth usage
- Opioids: Treatment by county
- Stimulant Outcomes: Deaths
- Stimulant Outcomes: Hospitalizations
Wisconsin Addiction Recovery Helpline
This content reflects the views and opinions of the advisory council. It may not reflect the official policy or position of DHS.