SeniorCare Annual Renewal

SeniorCare Prescription Drug Assistance

PDF (15 KB)

SeniorCare Annual Renewal

Do I Need to Renew My SeniorCare Benefits?
Your SeniorCare benefits are approved for a 12-month period. You will need to complete an annual SeniorCare Renewal Application to renew your eligibility.

Where Do I Get A Renewal Application?
SeniorCare will send you a preprinted Renewal Application and instructions, in the mail, approximately 6 weeks prior to the end of your current benefit period.

For example, if your current benefit period ends September 30th, your Renewal Application will be mailed to you in the middle of August.

What Does the Renewal Application Look Like?
The Renewal Application is a form that is preprinted with the information that SeniorCare currently has on file for you. You will need to review the preprinted information for accuracy. If the preprinted information has changed or is incorrect, you will need to complete the "change" section to report the correct information. You will be asked to shade in circles to indicate your answer to other questions.

You will receive instructions and an income calculation worksheet with the Renewal Application to assist you in completing it. Keep the instructions and the income calculation worksheet for your records.

When Should I Return the Renewal Application?
It is very important to complete your Renewal Application correctly and return it as soon as possible to avoid possible delays or gaps in your SeniorCare coverage.

For example, if your current benefit period ends September 30th, your Renewal Application will be mailed to you in the middle of August. If SeniorCare does not receive your Renewal Application by October 1st, it will still be processed but you will experience a gap in your SeniorCare coverage if you remain eligible.

You only need to return the Renewal Application form. Do not return the instructions or the income calculation worksheet.

Will I Have to Pay an Enrollment Fee?
You must pay an annual enrollment fee of $30 per person. Submit the enrollment fee with your Renewal Application.

How Will I Know if My Enrollment Has Been Approved?
SeniorCare will send you written notice of the decision on your SeniorCare eligibility. The notice will be mailed to you within four to six weeks after SeniorCare receives your Renewal Application. Incomplete applications will not be processed and will be returned to you.

Who Should I Call If I Have Questions About SeniorCare?
You should call the SeniorCare Customer Service Hotline at 1-800-657-2038, if you have questions regarding the Renewal Application process or how to complete the Renewal Application.

You should also call the SeniorCare Customer Service Hotline if:

  • You have married during your current benefit period.
  • The spouse living with you is different than the one listed on the Renewal Application.
  • You wish to authorize a representative or change your current designated representative, to complete the Renewal Application for you. (If you have already authorized a representative and there is no change, you do not need to contact SeniorCare.)
  • The applicant or spouse listed on the Renewal Application is no longer living in the household or has died.

What Important Things Should I Do Before Mailing the Renewal Application?
The instructions for the Renewal Application include the following list of things you should double check before you return the application form:

  • Is the Renewal Application complete?
  • Did you sign or have your representative/legal guardian sign the Renewal Application?
  • Did you enclose your enrollment fee? ($30 for each person)
  • Did you remember to write your Social Security Number and/or your spouse’s Social Security Number on your check or money order for the enrollment fee?
  • Did you read the Rights and Responsibilities section?
  • Send the Renewal Application to:

P.O. Box 6710
Madison, WI 53716-0710

For More Information:

  • Call the SeniorCare Customer Service Hotline at (800) 657-2038, or
  • Visit the SeniorCare Web site at: /seniorcare/index.htm.

DHS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider. If you have a disability and need to access this information in an alternate format, or need it translated to another language, please contact (608) 266-3356 or (608) 266-2555 TTY. All translation services are free of charge.

For civil rights questions call (608) 266-3465 or (608) 266-2555 TTY.

State of Wisconsin
Department of Health Services
Division of Health Care Access and Accountability


P-10085 (07/08)

Learn about PDF documents

Last Revised: March 9, 2020