Accredited by The Joint Commission, Winnebago Mental Health Institute (WMHI) has been the "safety net in Wisconsin's mental health continuum" since 1873. Staff provide recovery-oriented treatment to Wisconsin residents of all ages living with challenging behaviors and complex psychiatric conditions.
Health care for today, hope for tomorrow
WMHI cares for patients referred by county health and human service agencies and the court system.
We strive for a high degree of customer satisfaction in an injury-free environment.
The safety net in Wisconsin's mental health care continuum.
Guiding principles and values
- Dignity and respect: We promote a culture of dignity and respect.
- Consumer-oriented treatment: We promote the involvement of consumers, their family, and their community as integral parts of the consumer’s treatment and preparation for his/her return to the community, always moving towards the least restrictive setting possible.
- Health and wellness: We promote health and learning about healthy behaviors, including being physically active, understanding and following good nutritional standards, and learning healthy coping skills.
- Trauma-informed care: We promote trauma-informed treatment and management, including awareness of the impact of trauma on individuals subjected to it, and utilizes awareness of an individual’s particular trauma history in the development of his or her treatment plan. Safety for all is a basis for trauma-informed care.
- Cultural competence: We promote a culture that recognizes and is responsive to individual differences in age, gender, spiritual beliefs, language preference, communication needs, physical and mental limitations, cultural and ethnic background, and sexual identity/expression.
- Customer-focused operations: We promote involvement of staff and other stakeholders in decisions as a means of achieving our goals.
- Quality improvement: We promote continuous quality improvement in a safe, caring and professional environment.
Improve the state of your career! Work at WMHI. Come to the WMHI hiring event November 28 or 29, 2018, to apply and interview for the position of psychiatric care technician. Learn more about the rewarding career opportunities at WMHI.
Post Office Mailing Address
Winnebago Mental Health Institute
PO Box 9
Winnebago, WI 54985
Use these addresses to map your route to WMHI