Winnebago Mental Health Institute is a great place for students who want hands-on experience. Learn more about our psychology student and intern program.
Who can apply?
We look for students who:
- Are enrolled in a master’s or doctorate degree program. Our program is ideal for counseling or clinical psychology students.
- Have the skills needed to succeed in the program.
- Want to help patients with mental health needs.
- Can work in noisy spaces.
- Can work with patients who can be aggressive in both physical and verbal ways. All interns also must pass a background check.
What can psychology interns expect?
Interns can expect:
- Formal and informal support from psychology staff. They tailor what you do to your goals.
- Meetings each week with your supervisor. This is time to talk about patients and training needs.
- A chance to apply your skills in:
- Group therapy
- Multi-disciplinary treatment planning
- One-on-one therapy and counseling
How do I apply?
To apply, email Ashlee Pahl, Psy.D. (email@example.com) at least three months before you wish to start the program. Include:
- A letter of interest.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
If you qualify, you’ll interview with a panel of psychology staff.