Horizons in treatment
Opened in 1983, the Wisconsin Resource Center (WRC) is a leader in the development of innovative treatment methods for state prison inmates in need of specialized mental health services. These services restore their humanity and release their potential to live a full, rewarding life in the community. WRC serves males. The attached Wisconsin Women's Resource Center serves females.
WRC is accredited by the National Commission on Correctional Health Care.
The Wisconsin Resource Center engages and treats individuals with severe and persistent mental health needs in a secure setting to enhance public safety, promote healing, and support personal recovery.
- Integrity and Trust: Create trust by being honest, reliable, and ethical
- Commitment: Strive for excellence and effectively use resources entrusted to us
- Innovation: Lead change, identify emerging needs, and advance knowledge
- Consumer and Family Focus: Promote respect, choice, and positive outcomes for each individual and family
- Responsiveness and Collaboration: Assure the involvement of consumers, citizens, providers, community, and government agencies in all aspects of our work
- Public Responsibility: Balance individual liberty with the common good
- Staff Contributions: Recognize, value, and support all employees
WRC is managed by the Department of Health Services in partnership with the Department of Corrections.
Join the WRC team
Improve the state of your career! Work at WRC. Learn more about the rewarding career opportunities at WRC.
Wisconsin Resource Center
1505 North Drive
PO Box 16
Winnebago, WI 54985