Family members, friends, and others who provide support to our residents are encouraged to visit.
- Visitors must be on the resident's approved visitation list through the completion of a visitor questionnaire generated by the resident.
- Visitors must pre-schedule their visits for both in-person and Zoom visit requests.
- Residents are allowed one Zoom visit per week, and two in-person visits per week. Only one of the in-person visits can be on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday). The visiting week is defined as Monday through Sunday.
- Mondays and Tuesdays: 30-minute Zoom visits
6:20 p.m. to 6:50 p.m.
7:10 p.m. to 7:40 p.m.
8:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays: 2-hour in-person visits
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays: 2-hour in-person visits
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
10:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
1:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
In-person visitation will be hosted on holidays. Holidays include New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Year's Eve. Zoom visitation will not take place on holidays recognized on a Monday or Tuesday.
We are able to host up to four Zoom visits at one time during the Zoom visitation time slots.
We are able to host up to eight in-person visits at one time during the in-person visitation time slots. Each resident is permitted six in-person visitors per visit.
Prior to any visit starting, all visitors will be required to show valid identification. Children and minors are able to visit as long as they are on the approved visitation list and have an approved adult present.
How to schedule a visit
Visits are scheduled in the order they are received.
To schedule a Zoom visit or an in-person visit, send the following information to email@example.com (or call 920-426-4310, ext. 4182):
- Name and DOC number of the person you wish to visit.
- Preferred date and time of the visit, within the days and hours listed above.
- Any alternative dates/times that work within the days and hours listed above.
- Names and dates of birth of all visitors who will be present either on the Zoom call or in-person.
Staff will respond to your message within three business days.
Notes: Staff may cancel visits at any time. Visits also may be canceled if the resident is in disciplinary status or medical quarantine. Zoom visits will be canceled if technology issues prevent a connection from being established. Staff will try for 15 minutes after the scheduled start time to make a connection before canceling the visit. Zoom visits will not be extended past the scheduled time slots if the start of the visit was delayed for any reason, including technology issues.
- Please review the Resident Visitor Information Pamphlet, P-20402 (PDF).
- The tone and subject of the conversations must reasonable. One warning will be issued before a visit is terminated due to inappropriate conversations.
- Visitors are not permitted to record or photograph visits.
- Appropriate visiting room attire is required for visitation. Visitors cannot have any of the following:
- Exposed undergarments
- Clothing with revealing holes, tears, or slits
- Clothing or accessories with obscene or profane writing, images, or pictures
- Gang-related clothing, headwear, shoes, logos, or insignias
- Transparent/translucent (see-through) clothing
- Only those scheduled to visit may be on the visitation screen on Zoom. Visits will be terminated if unapproved visitors are present.
- Visitation will be terminated immediately if there is any suspicion of illegal activities or inappropriate behavior, including:
- A range of provocative or suggestive behaviors including sexual acts, nudity, or posing
- Drug and alcohol use during the visit
- Showing of objects identified as a threat (firearms, weapons, knives, etc.)
- Inappropriate location of visitor (bar, nightclub, etc.) (Zoom visits)
- Operating a vehicle during the scheduled visit (Zoom visits)