Need help with your benefits?
The Deaf Disability Benefit Specialist provides statewide work incentives and disability benefit services to people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or Deaf-Blind. Here are some areas and programs that the Deaf Disability Benefit Specialist can help you with:
- Food Share
- Housing and Utility Issues
- Medicaid (Medical Assistance)
- Medicare, including Part D
- Low-Income Tax Credits
- Prescription Drug Assistance Program
- Private Health and Disability Insurance Issues
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans' Benefits
Jennifer M. Koehn
Regional Office for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
309 West Walworth Avenue
Delavan, WI 53115
ASL Video by the Social Security Administration
- Protect Yourself From Identity Theft and Fraud (PDF)
- The Official U.S. Government Site for Medicare
- Social Security Administration
- Do you need to talk to Social Security? Find out how to request a sign language interpreter or other reasonable accommodations from the Social Security Administration.
- Medicare Basics: This 28 minute video in American Sign Language (ASL) provides an overview of Medicare, including Medicare Parts A, B, C and D. It also discusses Medicare-covered preventive services and the difference between the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
This video was produced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.