The Caregiver Law, under s.50.065, Stats., requires regulated facilities/entities to complete two types of caregiver background checks.
- Those completed by employers on their employees and contractors.
- Those completed by the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) on license applicants/license holders, some principal officers and nonclient residents.
Please select the appropriate links below for specific information on completing the required caregiver background checks. Even if DQA is conducting the background checks, you will still be required to complete and submit the appropriate forms and fees:
Employee Background Checks
These background checks are to be completed by the regulated facility/entity on their employees and contractors.
- Chapters 1 and 2 of the Caregiver Program Manual provides information on what staff must have background checks done.
- Employees / Contractors Background Check Process - As an employer, you must complete caregiver background checks on your employees and contractors at the time of hire and at least every four years thereafter.
Licensee Applicants/License Holder Background Checks
These background checks are completed by the Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) on all new and/or existing license applicants/license holders, some principal officers and non-client residents of DQA-regulated facilities/entities. See list of DQA-regulated facilities/entities.
"License" in this context also applies to registrations, certifications and approvals.
- New Applicant Background Check Process - DQA must complete a caregiver background check on the license applicant/legal representative prior to the approval of any new license, certification or registration of a DQA regulated facility.
This includes existing license holders who are applying for a new license, certificate or registration.
- Existing Renewal Background Check Process for Existing License Holders - DQA must complete a caregiver background check on all existing license holders/legal representatives every four years.
If you have questions about either the employee background check process or the license holder background check process, please E-mail the Office of Caregiver Quality (OCQ) or call (608) 261-8319.