At the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS), we are dedicated to serving people across the state. We help those who are eligible for benefits through our state and federal programs. These programs include Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, FoodShare, and others.
We partner with county and tribal offices across the state to help you find out if you’re eligible for one of our programs. This includes helping you:
- Apply, renew or make changes to your benefits.
- Interview for FoodShare benefits.
- Get answers to your questions.
Below is contact information for these and other services.
Health and Human Services Department
Agency Type: IM/W2
Office Type: Main
630 Sanborn Ave
Ashland, WI 54806
Office Fax: 855-293-1822
Monday – Friday:
- Open: 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Closed: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Open: 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
County-specific appointment instructions
Evening and weekend appointments may be available upon request.
Reach out to the right person among our Income Maintenance Agency Fraud Contacts (PDF).