This page contains information for funeral and cemetery service providers regarding the Wisconsin Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program (WFCAP) and contains resources for administering this program.
Family members interested in funeral assistance should speak with their funeral directors.
WFCAP may reimburse service providers for up to $1,500 of unmet funeral/burial expenses and up to $1,000 of unmet cemetery/crematory expenses for certain decedents that were enrolled in any of these programs:
- BadgerCare Plus.
- Wisconsin Works (W-2), paid placement only.
- Categorically needed Elderly, Blind or Disabled (EBD) related Medicaid recipient.
- Community Based Waiver (Group A, B and C).
- Family Care.
- Tuberculosis (TB) related Medicaid.
- Katie Beckett Medicaid.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- SSI State Supplement (SSI-SSP).
- SSI MA recipient who was a Wisconsin resident.
If the decedent was not enrolled in any of these programs, he or she may still qualify if, at the time of death or due to the cause of death, he or she was Medicaid-eligible.
These "posthumous" applications for Medicaid and for funeral assistance must be made through the county by contacting the income maintenance agency. When you speak with the county, you must say that you want to complete an "EBD MADA" application.
- Wisconsin Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program Overview (PDF, 65 KB)
- Wisconsin Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program Manual
- Wisconsin Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program Reimbursement Request* F-10141 (PDF, 60 KB)
- Wisconsin Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program Reimbursement Notice F-10143 (PDF, 56 KB)
*Note: The Reimbursement Request should only be completed by funeral directors or their staff.
Funeral directors and their staff may request information about potential eligibility about specific decedents by calling 1-888-859-0611 or by emailing DHSWFCAPapplications@wi.gov.