This page contains information for funeral, cemetery, and crematory service providers regarding WFCAP and contains resources for administering this program. Family members interested in funeral/burial assistance should speak with their funeral, cemetery, or crematory service provider.
Service providers may receive a WFCAP payment up to $1,500 for unmet funeral/burial expenses, and up to $1,000 for unmet cemetery/crematory expenses for certain decedents enrolled in any of the following programs:
- BadgerCare Plus (refer to Section 1.3 of the WFCAP Manual for specific BadgerCare Plus eligibility).
- Wisconsin Works (W-2), paid placement only.
- Categorically needy Elderly, Blind or Disabled (EBD) related Medicaid recipient.
- Home and Community-Based Waiver (Group A, B and B+).
- Family Care.
- Tuberculosis (TB)-related Medicaid.
- Katie Beckett Medicaid.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- SSI State Supplement (SSI-SSP).
- SSI Medicaid recipient who was a Wisconsin resident.
If a decedent was not enrolled in one of the above programs at the time of death, the decedent may still qualify for WFCAP benefits if at the time of death or due to the cause of death, the decedent was eligible for Medicaid. Prior to the service provider submitting a WFCAP application, the decedent’s representative or family must contact the decedent’s income maintenance agency for a posthumous application to determine if the decedent was eligible for Medicaid.
- WFCAP Service Provider Updates:
- WFCAP Frequently Asked Questions
- WFCAP Overview Presentation (PDF)
- WFCAP Manual
- WFCAP Application, F-10141* (PDF)
*Note: Only service providers and their staff can complete and submit F-10141.
Service providers and their staff may inquire after the date of death of a decedent about potential WFCAP eligibility by calling 1-888-859-0611 or emailing DHSWFCAPapplications@wi.gov.
Forms and documentation are to be submitted to:
Department of Health Services
Division of Medicaid Services
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attention: Funeral and Cemetery Aids Program
P.O. Box 309
Madison, WI 53701-0309