This is a 24-hour answering service. Based on the type of reported occurrence your information will be forwarded to the appropriate on-call staff. Workers and health care providers are also encouraged to call their local public health and human service departments to ensure their notification and involvement.
Wisconsin Municipal/County Workers or Health Care Providers should call 608-258-0099 to report the following types of events/incidents:
- Chemical or Natural Disaster - chemicals, tornadoes, floods, Emergency Operation Center activation, evacuations, utility interruptions, etc.
- Communicable Disease - communicable diseases - human and animal, immunizations, etc.
- Nuclear/Radiological - nuclear, radiological, etc.
- Human Services - Emergency Operation Center activation, sheltering, special needs population evacuations, mental health issues, crisis counseling, etc.
When calling be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name
- The agency or provider you are with
- The telephone number (including area code) where you can be reached
- The type of event/incident: chemical or natural disaster; communicable disease; nuclear/radiological; or human services (this determines which on-call staff will respond to your call)
- A brief description of the event/incident
- Address/location of the event/incident
- Any other necessary information