Helping Child Care Providers Choose Safe Places
In partnership with the Department of Children and Families (DCF), the Department of Health Services (DHS) is providing free consultation services to prospective child care providers of licensed group and family centers. DHS' Choose Safe Places program supports child care providers in identifying safe locations for new child care facilities.
Choose Safe Places Process
- Order and review the DCF Child Care Licensing Inquiry Packet.
- Review the Choose Safe Places (CSP) brochure, P-02287, (in Spanish) included in the DCF Inquiry Packet.
- Fill out the Voluntary Checklist for Child Care Providers, F-02410. (in Spanish)
- Submit the completed checklist via email or mail:
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
ATTN: Clara Jeong
1 W. Wilson St., Room 150
Madison, WI 53703
- Receive a free, written consultation from DHS within two weeks.
Learn more about the national Choose Safe Places initiative from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Agency for Toxic Substances Disease Registry.
DHS assessments include a review of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' (DNR) online databases related to contaminated properties to identify potential harm from past use of the location or migrating chemicals from neighboring locations. DHS will also provide information on naturally occurring harmful substances, such as radon, and ways to ensure safe water, such as common private well concerns.
Questions? Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us!