- Training presentations for the new Express Enrollment process in ACCESS for qualified hospitals, providers and partners are listed below.
- Chapter 12, ACCESS for Partners and Providers, was updated with Release 14-02 of the ACCESS Handbook
- Updated Process for Qualified Hospitals to Make Presumptive Eligibility Determinations for Individuals
- ForwardHealth Updating the Web-Based Express Enrollment Application Tool to Include Express Enrollment for Family Planning Only Services
- Enhancements to ACCESS for Partners and Providers
This page is intended for partners to serve as a central resource for Express Enrollment.
What Is Express Enrollment?
Express Enrollment is the online application used in ACCESS to make presumptive eligibility (PE) determinations to temporarily enroll individuals in BadgerCare Plus or Family Planning Only Services until a full application is completed and processed. PE determinations are based on preliminary household and financial information provided by the applicant. This process allows the applicant to receive immediate health care coverage, for a short period of time, while his or her full application for on-going Medicaid, BadgerCare Plus, or Family Planning Only Services is completed and processed.
- Express Enrollment (EE)
- The online application in ACCESS for making PE determinations.
- Presumptive Eligibility (PE)
- The determination of whether an applicant is eligible to temporarily enroll in BadgerCare Plus or Family Planning Only Services.
- Temporary Enrollment (TE)
- When an applicant has been found eligible to temporarily enroll in BadgerCare Plus or Family Planning Only Services. The temporary enrollment period ends on the last day of the month, following the month the PE determination was made.
Who Can Make PE Determinations?
|PE Determinations for|
|Children||Pregnant Women||Family Planning
Parents and Caretakers
Qualified Hospitals and Providers
Hospitals that are Medicaid-enrolled and certified through ForwardHealth for Express Enrollment will be considered a qualified hospital. Providers that are Medicaid-enrolled and certified through ForwardHealth as an Express Enrollment provider will be able to make PE determinations for children, pregnant women, and Family Planning Only Services.
Partners who meet the Express Enrollment criteria and are certified through ForwardHealth as an Express Enrollment Partner will be able to make PE determinations for children.
- Enrollment Criteria for Partners and Providers to Provide Express Enrollment of Children in BadgerCare Plus, F-11318 (PDF, 38 KB)
- ForwardHealth Portal Express Enrollment Partner Application
- Chapter 12 of the ACCESS Handbook
The training below is provided for qualified hospitals:
- Express Enrollment Training for Qualified Hospitals Webcast
- Express Enrollment Training for Qualified Hospitals Presentation (PDF, 930 KB)
Partners and Providers
Partners and providers who are NOT a qualified hospital should view the training below:
- Express Enrollment Training for Partners and Providers Webcast
- Express Enrollment Training for Partners and Providers Presentation (PDF, 1 MB)
Note: The webcast and presentation include information about the Single-Streamlined Application Phase II in ACCESS (presented after the Express Enrollment information).
Information About Express Enrollment
- ACCESS Apply for Benefits Card, P-00874
- Family Planning Only Services—Temporary Enrollment
- BadgerCare Plus Temporary Health Insurance for Children Fact Sheet, P-10168
- BadgerCare Plus Temporary Health Insurance for Pregnant Women Fact Sheet, P-10169
For questions about Express Enrollment, call the ForwardHealth Portal Helpdesk at 866-908-1363.