Member Information

If you are eligible for the Family Planning Only Services (FPOS) Program, you will be enrolled for 12 months. While enrolled, you may need to know about the following:

Using Your ForwardHealth Card

Shortly after you become enrolled in the FPOS Program, you will get a plastic ForwardHealth card in the mail, unless you used to be enrolled in the FPOS Program, BadgerCare Plus, or Medicaid.

If you used to be enrolled in the FPOS Program, BadgerCare Plus, or Medicaid, you will not automatically get a new ForwardHealth card. You can use the same card you used before if you still have it. If you did not keep your ForwardHealth card, you can ask for a new card through your MyACCESS account or by calling Member Services at 1-800-362-3002.

Your ForwardHealth card will include your name, a 10-digit identification number, a magnetic stripe, a place for your signature, and the Member Services telephone number. Once you get your ForwardHealth card, you should sign it in the space provided.

You will need to show your ForwardHealth card when you have a family planning-related appointment or pick up a prescription for contraceptive supplies at a pharmacy.

Getting Services

You need to tell your family planning provider you are enrolled in the FPOS Program before you get services. Your provider must tell you whether or not a service is covered by the FPOS Program. If your provider tells you a service is not covered by the FPOS Program and you still choose to get the service, you will have to pay for it.

Getting Referrals

If you need a service that your family planning provider is unable to provide, your provider will refer you to a provider who can provide the service. You can also choose your own provider for family planning services and supplies, per federal law. This means that you can go to any family planning provider who will accept your ForwardHealth card.

If you need follow-up care not covered under the FPOS Program, your family planning provider may refer you to a local community health center or federally qualified health center. You can also go to a free or low-cost clinic.

If you have questions about getting a referral, ask your family planning provider.

Reporting Changes

If you move to a new address, you need to report the change in address to the FPOS Program within 10 days of the change. You can report changes online through ACCESS or by using the Information Change Report.

Renewing Your Coverage

Your coverage must be renewed yearly. One month before your coverage ends, you will get a letter with information about the renewal process.

Last Revised: July 13, 2016