Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) units are approved by the Division of Medicaid Services (DMS). The information below identifies approved TBI units in Wisconsin and includes resource information for consumers and providers.
To request to start a TBI unit, expand or decrease beds in a current unit, or close a TBI unit please send a letter of intent to Rene Eastman.
The following information must be included in the letter of intent:
- Name and address of facility
- Specific changes the facility is proposing to implement on the TBI unit
- Date that the changes will take place
- Contact information for the unit
- A letter from the DQA Office of Plan Review and Inspection indicating approval of the new unit's construction plan, if applicable.
- Information regarding the Plan Review process can be found on the Office of Plan Review and Inspection website.
If you need additional information please contact Rene Eastman.
Approved TBI Units
The following is a list (alphabetized by city) of Wisconsin facilities that are certified to provide care for people with traumatic brain injuries. If you have questions about any of these TBI units, please use the contact information listed for the facility.
To update facility or contact information please contact Elizabeth Laubenstein.
|Facility Name and Address||Capacity and Contact Information|
Cedarburg Brain Injury Rehabilitation Program
N27 W5707 Lincoln Blvd
Cedarburg, WI 53012
Type of Program: Sub-Acute Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Capacity: 16 beds
Contact person: Caroline Feller, Program Director
Phone: 262-376-7676 ext. 105
Clearview Brain Injury Center
199 Home Road
Juneau, WI 53039
Toll free: 877-386-3400
Type of Program: Sub-Acute Rehabilitation
Capacity: 30 beds
Contact person: Jackie Kuhl, Admissions and Program Coordinator
Phone Number: 920-386-3577
Ascension Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Hospital
2301 N. Lake Dr
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Type of Program: Brain Injury and Coma Recovery
Capacity: 15 beds
Contact persons: Sue Skiba CRRN, or Linda Kroll
Sacred Heart Admissions
Phone Number: 414-298-6750
Lakeview Neuro-Behavioral Program
1701 Sharp Road
Waterford, WI 53185
Type of Program: Coma Recovery Program & Neurobehavioral Program
Capacity: 10 beds
Contact person: Natalie Taylor, Admissions
Toll free: 800-473-4221
Traumatic brain injury resources:
- Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin (BIAW)
- Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA)
- Brain Injury Recovery Network
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin (BIRCofWI)
- Caring Bridge
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- DHS Area Administration
- Division of Medicaid Services
- Make The Connection
- To apply for healthcare through the marketplace, go to www.healthcare.gov or call 800-318-2596 or 855-889-4325 (TTY)