The Division of Medicaid Services approves Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) care units in Wisconsin. Approved units within medical facilities are certified to care for people with TBIs. Here, we list approved TBI units and other TBI resources.
Approved TBI units
Approved TBI units are listed by city. If you have questions, reach out to the contact.
For questions or updates, email Elizabeth Laubenstein at Elizabeth.Laubenstein@dhs.wisconsin.gov.
Type: Sub-acute brain injury rehabilitation
Capacity: 16 beds
Phone: 877-386-3400 (toll-free)
Type: Sub-acute rehabilitation
Capacity: 30 beds
Type: Brain injury and coma recovery
Capacity: 15 beds
Type: Coma recovery program and neurobehavioral program
Capacity: 10 beds
- Area Administration
- Brain Injury Association of America
- The Brain Injury Recovery Network
- The Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin
- Make the Connection
- Traumatic Brain Injury & Concussion—CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
For providers: requests for TBI units
Are you a provider? Would you like to request any of the following?
- To start a TBI unit
- To expand or decrease beds in a current TBI unit
- To close a TBI unit
If yes, please send a letter of intent to email@example.com. Include these details in the letter (if they apply):
- Name and address of the facility
- Specific changes the facility wants to make to the TBI unit
- Date that the changes will take place
- Contact information for the unit
- A letter from the Division of Quality Assurance Office of Plan Review and Inspection. They must approve the new unit’s construction plan. Learn more about the plan review process.