Katie Beckett Medicaid
Do you have questions about how the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency will affect Katie Beckett Medicaid? Our Q&As explain what it means for Katie Beckett members.
Katie Beckett Medicaid serves children under 19 who live at home and have certain health care needs. The name comes from a child, Katie Beckett, whose family advocated that the best treatments and services for her needs were available at home and in a community setting. The federal government created a special group of Medicaid coverage for kids just like Katie Beckett.
Katie Beckett Medicaid helps children who:
- Have complex medical needs.
- Have long-term disabilities.
- Have mental health needs.
- Want to receive home and community-based services instead of living in a hospital or institution.
Children may qualify even if:
- They aren’t eligible for other Medicaid programs because of their parents’ or guardians’ income or assets.
- They’re covered by private health insurance.