The Public Health Registration for Electronic Data Submission System (PHREDS) is the registration system for the following Wisconsin Division of Public Health (DPH) programs:
- Cancer Data: Directly to the Wisconsin Cancer Reporting System (WCRS)
- Electronic Case Reporting: Directly to the Wisconsin Electronic Disease Surveillance System
- Immunizations: Directly to the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) or through the Wisconsin Statewide Health Information Network (WISHIN) to WIR
- Laboratory Results for Reportable Conditions: Directly to the Wisconsin State Lab of Hygiene's Electronic Lab Reporting Hub
- Syndromic Surveillance: Directly to the BioSense Platform or via WISHIN to the BioSense Platform
You can only register intent to submit data to these DPH programs through PHREDS. The PHREDS site provides detailed instructions for registering with the DPH programs listed above.
Registration is a two-step process where all providers must (1) enroll in PHREDS and (2) complete a PHREDS registration form. Providers must complete both steps before they are considered to have completed registration to submit data.
Enrollment and Registration Tips:
- Any provider who would like to electronically submit data from an EHR to any public health program must register through PHREDS regardless of their intent to participate in Meaningful Use.
- Simply enrolling in PHREDS does not mean you are registered for any of the public health programs.
- All providers participating in Meaningful Use (regardless of scheduled stage) should register for the public health programs to which they intend to electronically submit data. It is both CMS and DPH policy that all providers who have appropriate data should register their intent to submit data no later than 60 days after the start of their EHR reporting period.
- Do not wait until the 60th day of your reporting period to enroll in PHREDS. You will not be able to register for your selected public health program until your PHREDS enrollment request is processed. It may take up to three business days for your PHREDS enrollment request to be approved.
- Save the email granting you access to PHREDS, and create a “favorite” for the link to PHREDS.
To Get Access to PHREDS
Before you can register to submit data electronically to any public health program, you must follow the steps below to get access to the PHREDS SharePoint site.
You need a Wisconsin Logon Management System (WILMS) account to access PHREDS. If you have a WILMS account and have already been granted access to the PHREDS system, you can go directly to PHREDS.
Scenario A: "I have a WILMS account"
If you already have a WILMS account and know your account information, send an email to the Wisconsin eHealth Program with your WILMS account name and the subject line "PHREDS Access."
Scenario B: "I'm not sure if I have a WILMS account"
If you are not sure if you have a WILMS account, check the Department of Administration account management website to see if you have an account.
- If you do not have a WILMS account, this text will display: "The E-Mail address you entered was not found. Please enter the correct E-Mail address." This text indicates that you do not have a WILMS account. Create a WILMS account on the Self Registration page. Under "Systems You Will Access," select "PHREDS." If you create a new WILMS account, an automated email will be sent to the eHealth team; therefore, you do not need to email your WILMS account information to eHealth.
- If you do have a WILMS account, you will receive an email with your WILMS account information. Send an email to the Wisconsin eHealth Program with your WILMS account name and the subject line "PHREDS Access."
Scenario C: "I do not have a WILMS account"
If you do not have a WILMS account, create a WILMS account on the Self Registration page. Under “Systems You Will Access,” select “PHREDS.” If you create a new WILMS account, an automated email will be sent to the eHealth team; therefore, you do not need to email your WILMS account information to eHealth.
After completing Step 1, you will receive an email granting you access to the PHREDS within three business days. If you do not receive this email within three days, email the Wisconsin eHealth Program.
Once you have been granted access to PHREDS, visit the website to learn more about the registration process. The PHREDS site provides detailed instructions for registering with the DPH programs listed above.
Please email any questions about PHREDS access to Wisconsin eHealth Program.
What happens after I enroll in PHREDS and complete my PHREDS registration form?
After you successfully complete your PHREDS registration form, the public health program(s) for which you registered are notified of your intent, and you are placed in the onboarding queue for the program(s). Please note that the program will contact the first business contact (and second business contact, if provided) as well as the appropriate technical contact(s) when they are ready to initiate onboarding. For more information about each program’s prioritization, select one of the DPH program links from the top left menu.
To learn more about what happens after a provider submits their PHREDS registration form and/or what documentation is available to substantiate a Meaningful Use attestation, please read the Onboarding and Acknowledgements FAQs sections.
Disclaimer: All PHREDS registration data is stored in a secure SharePoint environment. PHREDS registration data is shared with Wisconsin Department of Health Services Division of Public Health for public health purposes, and with auditors for compliance with Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program requirements. Meaningful Use testing and ongoing submission of acknowledgements files will be displayed in PHREDS and will not be emailed to individual registrants. This acknowledgement information will be visible to all PHREDS users but will not be publicly available outside of PHREDS.