Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity: State Plan
The Wisconsin Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity State Plan is a long-range planning document focusing on the best ways to be active, eat well and prevent obesity. The Wisconsin Partnership for Activity and Nutrition, the Nutrition and Physical Activity Program, and other stakeholders will work together to accomplish the goals, strategies and objectives outlined in this plan. Strategies in the plan to reduce overweight and obesity in Wisconsin will be targeted to reach children, adolescents, and adults across all races and socioeconomic levels.
You have several options to learn more about the plan:
- Read the plan overview in the center for a high-level picture of how you can use the plan.
- For a more detailed look at the plan, search through the full-version link.
Nutrition, Physical, Activity and Obesity Program
Full State Plan
Information on this page has been organized into four categories. Please choose one of the following topics.
Not sure of the role you could play in implementing the state plan? Take a look at this listing of "What Can I Do?" by type of organization, P-00507-what (PDF), or select some strategies from the one-page summary sheets by the target behaviors listed below or to help develop Infrastructure, P-00507b. (PDF)
Fruits and Vegetables
Foods and Beverages
Looking for more information about implementing strategies in various settings? Select from the categories below to see the full list of objectives and strategies for the settings you are working in.
Wisconsin Nutrition and Physical Activity State Plan, P-00507 (PDF)
A two-page list of plan strategies (PDF) is also available.
If you would like to view individual sections to fit your needs, select from the list below. The plan is not available in hard copy. You may print all or sections of the report without any permissions. Also available are the public comments (PDF) submitted before the state plan was published.
What Can I Do? (by organization) P-00507-what (PDF)
Background, P-00507-backg (PDF)
- Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Program
- Wisconsin Partnership for Activity and Nutrition
- Success of 2005 State Plan
- Developing the State Plan
The State Plan: Goals, Strategies and Objectives, P-00507-goals (PDF)
- Long Term Indicators (overweight and obesity)
- Indicators of Behavioral Factors
- Strength of Evidence
- Goal 1: Infrastructure / Sustainability / Communication, P-00507-1infra (PDF)
- Goal 2: Surveillance P-00507-2surv (PDF)
What Can I Do? (by focus area):
- Increase Nutrition and Physical Activity Infrastructure, P-00507b (PDF)
- Increase Physical Activity, P-00507c (PDF)
- Reduce Screen Time, P-00507d (PDF)
- Increase Fruit and Vegetable Access, Availability and Consumption, P-00507e (PDF)
- Encourage Healthy Food and Beverage Consumption, P-00507f (PDF)
- Increase Breastfeeding, P-00507g (PDF)
Implementation, P-00507-imple (PDF)
- Using the State Plan
- Addressing Disparity and Inequity
- Social Marketing
- Local Implementation and Resources
- State Plan Objectives and Benchmarks Table
Appendix, P-00507-appen (PDF)
- Current National Guidelines
- Healthiest Wisconsin 2020
- Target Behaviors
- Focus on Policy, Environmental and Systems Change
Strategy Evidence Table (PDF)
- WIPAN Member Organizations
- Program Staff
Contact us for more information.
If you would like a printed copy of the overview or any of the What Can I Do? documents, please identify which documents you want and send your name and address to Nutrition and Physical Activity State Plan request.
Related Resource: Healthiest Wisconsin 2020: Everyone Living Better, Longer represents the third decade of statewide community health improvement planning designed to benefit the health of everyone in Wisconsin and the communities in which we live, play, work and learn. More than 1,500 people from all walks of life helped develop this plan. An even larger community of partners is needed to implement it over the decade.