Few chronic diseases cost Wisconsin employers as much as prediabetes and type 2 diabetes—around $6 billion in lost productivity and medical expenses each year. What’s worse? Four out of 5 people with prediabetes don’t even know they have it. Your employees could miss their chance to reverse high blood sugar before it becomes type 2 diabetes. If they do, your business may pay the price.
Don’t miss out on the benefits of a healthy workforce. Encourage your employees to learn more about the National Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle change program in your community today. Employer sponsorship and support can make all the difference.
Offer a lifestyle change program
You can help employees prevent, reverse, or reduce their risk for prediabetes by offering a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-backed lifestyle change program through your insurance or wellness plan.
How lifestyle programs help
Connecting employees with the coaching, support and resources of a lifestyle change program can make real, measurable differences for both your employees and your business. As a result of these programs, other employers have seen:
- Improved employee morale and engagement
- Lower health care and safety costs
- Lower workers’ compensation costs
How lifestyle change programs work
These virtual and in-person programs include much more than a quick presentation or a few fact sheets. It’s a year-long experience that delivers:
- A turnkey curriculum proven to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes in participants by 58%, and by as much as 71% if you're over age 60
- Practical tools and tips for reducing stress, eating well, and getting active
- Regular coaching sessions with a skilled diabetes prevention specialist offered online, in your community, or even in-person at your location
- Group-based learning experiences that give participants a community of support
Find the lifestyle change programs for you
Through these programs, you can protect your staff’s productivity, boost morale, and cut health care coverage costs. To start planning, follow these simple steps:
- Access the CDC’s Impact Calculator to estimate your organization’s potential savings
- Talk with your insurance provider about covering the program as part of your company’s health benefits
- Find local program providers and talk about ways to deliver the program
Resources for employers
Ready to get started? Use the materials in this toolkit to educate your employees about the dangers of high blood sugar. Together, we can help Wisconsin take the next step towards better health.
Lifestyle change toolkit
Overview Materials for the Lifestyle Change Program
Posters and tabletop displays
- Find a Lifestyle Change Program Near You 11x17 Poster, P-03030 (PDF)
- Take the 1-Minute Risk Test 11x17 Poster, P-03031 (PDF)
Flyers and palm cards
- Stop Prediabetes in its Tracks, 11x17, P-02817B (PDF)
- Stop Prediabetes in its Tracks, 8.5x11, P-02817A (PDF)
- Reverse Your Prediabetes Diagnosis, 11x17, P-02181B (PDF)
- Reverse Your Prediabetes Diagnosis, 8.5x11, P-02818A (PDF)
- Lower Your Prediabetes Risk, 11x17, P-02819B (PDF)
- Lower Your Prediabetes Risk, 8.5x11, P-02819A (PDF)
Photos and social ads
To download an image, click the link below the image, then right click on the image and choose "save image as...."
Set 1, Photo 1
Set 1, Photo 2
Set 1, Photo 3
Set 2, Photo 1
Set 2, Photo 2
Set 2, Photo 3
Set 3, Photo 1
Set 3, Photo 2
Set 3, Photo 3
Discover the facts
Preventing or reversing prediabetes starts with getting the facts. Learn more about what prediabetes is, the dangerous myths that make prediabetes seem more harmless than it is, what you can do to reduce your risk, and more.