CMP Communication Technology Funds Available
The Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) has announced that federally certified nursing homes are eligible to receive up to $3,000 in Civil Money Penalty (CMP) funds to purchase electronic devices to enable residents to visit with family and friends in a virtual setting and participate in telehealth visits. This program was initiated in response to the restrictions placed on visitors in nursing homes to prevent the spread of COVID-19. CMP funds may be used by nursing homes to purchase tablets, iPads, and similar devices, as well as accessories including headphones and protective covers to help with cleaning between uses. Additional information about the grant is available in the Frequently Asked Questions document prepared by CMS.
Certified nursing homes interested in participating in this grant program are asked to submit a completed Civil Money Penalty (CMP) Reinvestment Application Template to: DHSDQAFiscal@dhs.wisconsin.gov.
Applications will be reviewed to verify requests for equipment are within parameters established by CMS. Facilities will receive an approval letter from DQA with instructions on how to submit invoices for payment.
Please direct questions to: DHSDQAFiscal@dhs.wisconsin.gov.
- Project proposals should be submitted by completing the Civil Money Penalty Project Proposal, F-00176 (Word).
- Proposals are accepted during the following time periods: January 1 thru April 30 and July 1 thru October 31. Form F-00176 includes information regarding the review process.
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee reviews Project proposals during meetings in May/June and November/December.
- Submit the completed Civil Money Penalty Funds Project Proposal application form F-00176 electronically to email@example.com. In the subject line enter, Attn: Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee.
- Must be an organization involved in the promotion of quality of care with licensed Wisconsin nursing homes. Civil money penalty funds cannot be used to support initiatives in other health care settings.
- Must allow for statewide replication of current and sound evidence-based practices that promote quality of care and quality of life of residents in Wisconsin nursing homes.
Project Proposal Categories
Only proposals related to responding to the COVID-19 situation in nursing homes will be accepted at this time.