Guidance for submitting a project proposal to the Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee for grant monies from Civil Money Penalty (CMP) funds is provided below. Eligibility standards, project criteria, suggested proposal categories and a link to the Project Proposal application form are included on this web page.
- Project proposals should be submitted using DQA form F-00176 (Word, 82 KB).
- Proposals are accepted during the following time periods: January 1 thru April 1 and July 1 thru October 1.
- Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee reviews Project proposals during meetings in May/June and November/December.
- Must be an organization involved in the promotion of quality of care with licensed Wisconsin nursing homes. Civil money penalty funds cannot be used to support initiatives in other health care settings.
- Must allow for statewide replication of current and sound evidence-based practices that promote quality of care and quality of life in Wisconsin nursing homes.
Project Proposal Categories
Recommended project proposals include, but are not limited to, the categories below:
- Top citations/How to avoid.
- Virtual Dementia Program.
- Transitions in Care.
- Interact 2.
- Reducing paperwork.
- Improving communication with MD/training for nurses when they need to contact MD.
- Falls prevention.
- Informed consent/psychotropic medications.
Submitting a Project Proposal
Complete and submit the Project Proposal application form F-00176 (Word, 82 KB). The application form includes information regarding the review process and mailing instruction.
DQA Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee Brochure P-00422 (PDF, 303 KB)
DQA Memo 13-012 dated April 25, 2013.
DQA Memo 09-044 dated November 11, 2009.
CMS Survey and Certification Memo 12-13-NH (PDF, 497 KB) dated December 16, 2011.