The Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program is committed to providing the best available information on effective tobacco prevention and control programs and activities. In addition, the program conducts regular surveillance of tobacco use trends, evaluation of current programs, and information sharing between people and organizations trying to eliminate the death and disease caused by tobacco use.
On this page, you will find information about tobacco use in Wisconsin and the programs and activities that reduce the burden of tobacco in the state.
Wisconsin Tobacco Use
- 2019 Wisconsin Tobacco Facts — This report measures tobacco's health and economic impact on Wisconsin, including the number of deaths from tobacco use and health care and lost productivity costs related to tobacco.
- Tobacco Use Costs Wisconsin, P-02415 (PDF) — This fact sheet provides key findings from the 2019 Wisconsin Tobacco Facts report.
- 2019 Wisconsin Tobacco Facts: Smoking During Pregnancy — This report details the most recent data related to smoking during pregnancy in Wisconsin.
- 2019 Wisconsin Smoking During Pregnancy Fact Sheet, P-02394 (PDF) — This fact sheet provides key findings from the 2019 Wisconsin Smoking During Pregnancy report.
- 2018 Wisconsin BRFSS Tobacco Fact Sheet, P-43073 (PDF) — The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) survey is conducted annually and measures tobacco usage data for Wisconsin residents.
- The Epidemic of Chronic Disease in Wisconsin, P-00238 (PDF) — This 2010 report provides information on the health and economic impact of chronic disease in Wisconsin.
- Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 — Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 outlines the state's vision to improve health across the life span, eliminate disparities and achieve health equity.
Youth Tobacco Use
- 2018 Synar Survey — The Federal Synar Survey measures how frequently tobacco retailers sell to minors.
- 2018 High School Tobacco Fact Sheet (YTS), P-01624 (PDF) — This fact sheet provides 2018 data for tobacco use among Wisconsin high school students.
- 2018 Middle School Tobacco Fact Sheet (YTS), P-01624a (PDF) — This fact sheet provides 2018 data for tobacco use among Wisconsin middle school students.
- Bringing Everyone Along: A Strategic Plan to Identify and Eliminate Tobacco-Related Disparities in Wisconsin, P-43066 (PDF) — This plan is used to ensure disparities are being eliminated in all areas of tobacco prevention and control.
For more information on these publications, contact Karen Palmersheim.