The following are resources are intended for new members of the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health (WCMH) and committees.
About the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health
Read about the structure, roles, and responsibilities of the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health.
- Information for WCMH Members (PDF) - Overview of the council.
- WCMH Bylaws (PDF) - The guiding bylaws of the council.
- WCMH Strategic Plan (PDF) - Current strategic plan which guides the council's activities.
- WCMH Committee Charters (PDF) - Guiding documents for the council's committees.
- Commonly Used Acronyms (PDF) - Acronyms which are commonly used by the council and may be heard at council meetings.
- Simplified Rules of Order - The council uses a simplified version of Roberts Rules of Order for meetings.
Wisconsin's Mental Health System and State Government
Read about the legislative process in Wisconsin, Wisconsin's Mental Health System and the State Agencies which oversee mental health services.
- About the Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Information about DHS, a key partner of the WCMH
- What services are provided in Wisconsin? - A useful Legislative report which provides information on mental health and substance use services in Wisconsin.
- A Citizen's Guide to Participation in the Wisconsin State Legislature - A useful guide to the legislative process written by the Wisconsin Legislative Council staff
- The State Budget Process - A paper on the state budget process written by the Wisconsin Legislative Fiscal Bureau
- About State Agencies - Information and links to the various State of Wisconsin agencies
- DHS Glossary of Acronyms - An online glossary resource of acronyms used by the DHS
Data and Reports
Explore data and reports which detail the number of people receiving services, areas of need, and outcomes of mental health programs.
- Mental Health: Statistics - Data, reports, and studies from DHS
- Wisconsin Mental Health and Substance Abuse Needs Assessment (PDF) - A comprehensive report of Wisconsin developed in collaboration with the council
- Previous Mental Health Block Grant (MHBG) Applications and Plans - The council is involved in the review and development of these plans
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Barometer - A useful document created annually by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration presenting both national and state level data
WCMH Member Resources
Helpful tools and resources for members of the council
- Travel Reimbursement Request Form (Non-State Employee) - Council members and appointed committee members may be eligible for travel reimbursement. Contact council staff for more information.
Disclaimer about advisory council content
This content reflects the views and opinions of the advisory council. It may not reflect the official policy or position of DHS.