Long Term Care facilities wishing to operate a feeding assistant training program must submit a completed Wisconsin Feeding Assistant Training Program Application, F-62588 (PDF, 112) or F-62588 (Word) to the Office of Caregiver Quality (OCQ), Division of Quality Assurance (DQA) along with:
- their proposed selected resident population curriculum
- their proposed feeding assistant instructor information
- their proposed feeding assistant trainer information.
OCQ will review the application and supporting materials and will determine whether to approve or deny the feeding assistant training program.
OCQ will issue a written notice regarding DQA's decision, with a copy to the appropriate Regional Field Operations Director (RFOD), within 45 calendar days of receiving a complete application.
Upon program approval, the feeding assistant training program will be issued, at no cost:
- a Wisconsin Caregiver Program video cassette
- standardized competency evaluation materials
- feeding assistant training program and grandparented certificate templates
- and a feeding assistant roster template.