Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers ended on June 6, 2022 (QSO-22-15-NH & NLTC & LSC (PDF))
All students who completed nurse aide training prior to June 6, 2022 have until October 7, 2022 to test and get on the registry, both for ETP and traditionally trained students.
Temporary aides are not allowed to work as nurse aides after June 6, 2022.
Nurse aides perform important work caring for Wisconsin residents. CNAs (certified nurse aides) work under the direct supervision of an LPN (licensed practical nurse) or RN (registered nurse). CNAs:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and eating.
- Perform procedures that are within the scope of practice for a CNA.
The Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry lists the names of CNAs who meet federal and/or state requirements. To work in Wisconsin, you need training, testing, and experience. Consider joining our team of CNAs.
- Questions about the registry? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0465.
- Questions about testing? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0462.
Nurse aide regulations
Federal nurse aide regulations:
State nurse aide regulations:
Nurse aide publications
Nurse aide webinars
- April 20, 2022
- March 25, 2021
- October 28, 2020
- September 2, 2020 presentation slides (PDF)
If you have further questions about the Nurse Aide Program, please call 608-261-9315 or email email@example.com.