Nurse aides perform important work caring for Wisconsin residents. CNAs (certified nurse aides) work under the direct supervision of an LPN (licensed practical nurse) or RN (registered nurse). CNAs:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, and eating.
- Perform procedures that are within the scope of practice for a CNA.
The Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry lists the names of CNAs who meet federal and/or state requirements. To work in Wisconsin, you need training, testing, and experience. Consider joining our team of CNAs.
Find information about nurse aide requirements for employment eligibility in Wisconsin.
Learn about how to request out-of-state reciprocity and then complete your application on the Wisconsin Headmaster website.
- Questions about the registry? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0465.
- Questions about testing? Call Headmaster toll-free at 888-401-0462.
Nurse aide regulations
Federal nurse aide regulations:
State nurse aide regulations:
Nurse aide publications
Nurse aide webinars
- September 28, 2023 - Annual Nurse Aide Forum
- April 20, 2022
If you have further questions about the Nurse Aide Program, please call 608-261-9315 or email email@example.com.