All nurse aide training programs must be approved by DQA prior to providing instruction.
New Nurse Aide Training Program Requirements
The nurse aide training program application materials are being updated to reflect the new minimum hour requirements and information will be posted on this webpage when available.
If you are interested in training as a nurse aide, please refer to Becoming a Nurse Aide in Wisconsin.
Learn how you can start a 75-hour emergency nurse aide training program.
I am interested in applying to offer a nurse aide training program
If you are interested in applying to offer a training program, either for your Wisconsin facility or as a private program, please contact DQA Nurse Aide Training and Testing.
Review the following materials:
- Nurse Aide Training Program – Guidelines for Approval, P-01814 (PDF)
- Recommended Class/Lab Equipment Supply List, F-01726 (PDF)
- Approved Train-the-Trainer Programs
- Nurse Aide Training Program Trainer Application, F-62687 (PDF)
- Training Program and Registry Manual, P-00118 – Currently under revision; please contact the Office of Caregiver Quality with questions.
- Nurse Aide Training Program – Use of Sign Language Interpreter, P-01815 (PDF)
- Primary Instructor Application, F-62610 (PDF)
I need to make a change to my currently approved training program
If you are making changes to your program designee, primary instructor, program trainer, curriculum, classroom location, or clinical site, complete the Substantial Change Application, F-62224 (PDF).
If you are only changing your program hours, complete the Nurse Aide Training Program - Request for Change in Hours.
I have a student who needs to extend their training beyond the scheduled course completion date
Complete the Student Waiver Request, F-00385 (PDF)
I have a student who needs an ADA accommodation
Complete the Request for ADA Accommodation (PDF.)