Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry
- For general questions concerning the registry, call toll-free 877-329-8760.
- To determine the employment eligibility of a nurse aide on the Registry, query the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry.
- Nurse Aides: to update your address or name changes go to Change/Correction Form to receive a card, call the Nurse Aide Registry toll-free at 877-329-8760.
Wisconsin Nurse Aide Training
- Nurse aide training programs offered through correspondence or on-line services are not approved nurse aide training programs in Wisconsin.
- Approved Wisconsin Nurse Aide Training Programs - Programs must be a minimum of 120 hours of which 32 hours must be in a clinical setting. Please contact the Office of Caregiver Quality at 608-261-8391 for a current list of approved training programs.
- All nurse aide training programs must be approved by DQA prior to providing instruction. Only the programs listed have been approved by DQA to provide nurse aide training.
- Substantial Change Form (PDF, 16 KB). Training programs should report any substantial changes, including their address, telephone, contact person, curriculum and fee changes in writing to the Office of Caregiver Quality at PO Box 2969, Madison, WI 53701-2969.
- For questions concerning nurse aide training in Wisconsin, call 608-261-8319.
Nurse Aide Competency Testing
- For questions regarding nurse aide competency testing in Wisconsin, please call toll-free 866-257-5424 or
- Go to Frequently Asked Testing Questions.
Listing of Other State's Registries - Contact information is available at List of State Nurse Aide Registries (PDF, 47 KB).