Dot gov

Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.


Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

Client Rights: Guardianship

Guardians may have questions about the rights of people receiving services. We can help if you’re the guardian of someone receiving services for:

  • Developmental disability
  • Mental health
  • Substance use

Email the Client Rights Office.

Other guardian questions

For questions not related to the rights of a person receiving services, contact the Wisconsin Guardianship Support Center. The center is a resource of the Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging.

For questions about a guardian’s actions, contact the court that appointed them.

Last revised July 2, 2022