Client Rights Pamphlets
Client rights are explained in a pamphlet (P-20377) that is handed out on admission. Each patient unit also has a poster listing client rights. However, some client rights for patients committed or detained at the Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center vary slightly from the rights of patients at other state operated facilities. These variances are explained in addendum pamphlet (P-20377A) also handed out to patients on admission.
- P-20377 (English) - Your Rights and the Grievance Resolution Process (PDF, 121 KB)
- P-20377A (English) - Patient Rights Chapter 980 Addendum (WORD, 35 KB)
- P-20377S (Spanish) - Your Rights and the Grievance Resolution Process (PDF, 61 KB)
- P-20377AS (Spanish) - Patient Rights Chapter 980 Addendum (WORD, 38 KB)
Law and Code
Any patient, or anyone on behalf of the patient, may file a complaint if they feel the patient's rights have been violated within 45 days of the concern. Sand Ridge Secure Treatment Center has a Client Rights Facilitator to answer questions about client rights and to handle the complaint process. Ask for the Client Rights Facilitator if you need help.
There is a four-stage grievance resolution procedure (PDF, 12 KB) for complaints at facilities operated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Complaints of rights violations may also be taken directly to court. The use of the grievance procedure is not required before going to court, but a grievance can be dismissed at the level or stage it is being considered once the matter is taken to court.
- Client Rights Complaint Process
- Client Rights Limitation or Denial
- Confidentiality of Treatment Records
- Informed Consent