There are FREE posters available. The web page: Ordering Paper Forms and Publications From the Forms Center has information on how to order. You may also contact Jim Pritchard with questions about ordering posters and forms at the email: DHSFMDDEPDE@dhs.wisconsin.gov
If a publication does not have a link to it from this page then please refer to the page above for ordering information.
If no language is listed then the publication is only available in English.
A program may create a personalized brochure by highlighting and copying the text from the HTML version of the applicable brochure into one with the program's name, logo, or other identifying information. If this is done, all of the text in the applicable brochure must be included in the information provided to clients about their rights. The PDF version has a fillable space to insert your client rights contact information.
DHS 57 and Residents of Group Foster Homes:
In accordance with DCF57 (exit DHS, PDF), effective January 1, 2006, residents of Group Foster Homes have the same client rights as individuals receiving services for mental illness, developmental disabilities or substance abuse. Specific rights materials for Group Foster Homes are being developed. When they are completed, they will be available through this site. Until such materials are developed, operators of Group Foster Homes can use the Client Rights materials available below. Residents can be informed that they have these rights, even though the materials may not specifically mention Group Foster Homes. We recommend using the red poster P-23127, brochure P-20195A. Teen Rights P-20470, only applies to teens receiving inpatient mental health treatment, so it should not be used for Group Foster Homes.
Ordering posters for outpatient and inpatient services:
- P-23126 Clients Rights for Community Services (blue poster for outpatient services)
- P-23127 Clients Rights for Inpatient and Residential Services (red poster for inpatient services)
Wisconsin Administrative Codes, Department of Health Services.
Printable Client Rights brochures:
P-20195A Client Rights and the Grievance Resolution Procedure for In-Patient or ResidentialServices
- P-20195A English (8½ by 14) (PDF, 24 KB)
- P-20195AWP English (8½ by 11) (PDF, 17 KB)
Note: This has the same text as the version above.
- P-20195AH Hmong (PDF, 19 KB)
- P-20195AS Spanish (PDF, 41 KB)
P-23112 Client Rights and the Grievance Procedure for Community Services*
*For Clients Receiving Services in Wisconsin for Mental Illness, Alcohol or Other Drug Abuse, or Developmental Disabilities from non-inpatient and non-residential settings.
P-20142 Client Rights and the Grievance Procedure For the Community Forensic Services Programs
- P-20142 English (8½ by 14) (PDF, 191 KB)
- P-20142A English (8½ by 11) (PDF, 29 KB)
- P-20142AS Spanish (8½ by 11) (PDF, 29 KB)
Also available are:
- F-20009 Complaint Report (PDF, 12KB) for use in state-operated Mental Health Institutes or Centers for the Developmentally Disabled. The use of this form is not required. Complaints may be filed in any form and may be filed verbally if the Client Rights staff allow it for a given individual.
P-20330 Pamphlets for Rights Under Federal Law and DHS 94, Wisconsin Administrative Code, of Individuals Receiving Services from State Centers for the Developmentally Disabled
P-20470 Pamphlets on the Rights of Minors in English, Hmong and Spanish:
- P-20470 Rights of Children and Adolescent Patients in Inpatient Mental Health Facilities (8½ by 14) English (PDF, 166KB)
- P-20470A Rights of Minors in Inpatient Community Mental Health Facilities (8½ by 14) English (PDF, 166KB)
- P-20470B Rights of Children and Adolescents in Outpatient Mental Health Treatment English (PDF, 166KB)
- P-20470BH Rights of Children and Adolescents in Outpatient Mental Health Treatment Hmong (PDF, 155KB)
- P-20470BS Rights of Children and Adolescents in Outpatient Mental Health Treatment Spanish (PDF, 155KB)
P-20377 Pamphlets for Patients in State-Operated Facilities in English and Spanish:
- P-20377 Your Rights and the Grievance Resolution Process. (English)
To order the form above; please visit the DHS web page: How to Electronically Order Forms and Publications.
P-20377A Chapter 980, Wisconsin Statutes, Patients Rights Exceptions Supplement (Word, 36KB)
- P-20377S Your Rights and the Grievance Resolution Process (Spanish) (PDF, 130 KB)
- P-20377AS Chapter 980 Addendum, Your Rights and the Grievance Resolution Process (Spanish) (Word, 38KB)