The places we live, work, learn and play can have a crucial impact on our health and quality of life. National Healthy Homes Month is a great opportunity to learn about indoor health hazards and take action to keep your family safe and healthy.
- Learn about the Eight Healthy Homes Principles.
- Use this checklist to take action steps to make your home healthy and safe.
- Learn more about home health hazards and what you can do about them with the videos below.
Keep a Healthy Home
Keep it Climate-Friendly
Keep it Well-Ventilated
Keep it Contaminant-Free
Keep it Smoke-Free
Keep it Clean
Keep it Safe
You can learn about more home health topics by visiting the pages below.
Looking for something specific? Check out the environmental hazards page for even more topics.
Resources for professionals
- The Healthy Homes Toolkit can assist local health departments, tribal health centers, and local housing or health organizations in Wisconsin promote National Healthy Homes Month with sample messaging and resources.
- Learn about the connection between housing and health equity in the APHA publication: Creating the Healthiest Nation: Health and Housing Equity.
Questions? Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us!