The places where we live, work, and play can affect our health and quality of life. Find resources on this page that explain potential indoor health hazards and steps you can take to protect yourself and your family.
- 7 Principles of a Healthy Home
- Alone (public service announcement from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons on preventing falls at home)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention): Tips from Former Smokers
- Controlling Asthma Triggers
- A Healthy Home Checklist (PDF)
- Children and the Environment
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Envirofacts webpage
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources’ Remediation and Redevelopment Program
- Wisconsin Remediation and Redevelopment Database
Resources for professionals
- Creating the Healthiest Nation: Health and Housing Equity (PDF)—The American Public Health Association’s publication explaining the connection between housing and health equity.
- Healthy Homes Toolkit, P-03005 (PDF)—Provides sample messaging and resources to local organizations that promote National Healthy Homes Month each June.
If you have more questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.