Do you need help getting a doctor in Wisconsin? View these resources to find a doctor near you. We also offer details about how doctors get licensed in Wisconsin.
- DoctorFinder—Use the search tool from the American Medical Association to find a licensed doctor in the U.S.
- Check a Physician’s Certification—See if your doctor is certified in internal medicine. Use the search tool from the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Find & Compare Nursing Homes, Hospitals & Other Providers Near You—Search for doctors who accept Medicare. Use the search tool to find doctors by city or county. Some listings use medical group names instead of doctor names.
- Free or Reduced-Fee Medical Care Services—Find free and low-cost medical services and clinics near you.
- Is My Doctor Board Certified?—Search for your doctor to see if they are certified in a certain specialty with the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Department of Safety and Professional Services—View state resources for doctors. Includes:
Find a doctor by specialty
Are you looking for a certain type of doctor? Expand the section that applies to you. Select a link to learn more.
Wisconsin Association of Osteopathic Physicians & Surgeons—Use the search tool online to find an osteopathic doctor.
Choosing a Pediatrician for Your New Baby—View common questions and answers about finding a pediatrician. This resource is part of the KidsHealth program from the Nemours Foundation.
Learn about physical medicine and rehabilitation physicians from the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation:
Doctor-Patient Communication—Learn more about how to have a good relationship with your doctor. Know what type of doctor to choose, the best questions to ask, and more. This resource is from the National Institute on Aging.
- Mental Health Providers: Tips on Finding One—Learn more about different types of mental health providers, what services they offer, and what to expect. This resource is from Mayo Clinic.
- Mental Health Topics—Learn about common mental conditions, symptoms, risk factors, and treatments. This resource is from the American Psychiatric Association.
Find a Surgeon—Search the American College of Surgeons database for a surgeon by name, specialty, or location.
Find a doctor by medical group
Many doctors are part of a medical group. This means they partner to share resources with other doctors, specialists, and providers. View the list of common medical groups in Wisconsin and select a provider that’s right for you.