The VFC Program, which operationally began October 1, 1994, represents an unprecedented approach to improving vaccine availability nationwide by providing vaccine at no cost to VFC-eligible children through enrolled public and private providers.
The VFC Program:
- Provides public purchased vaccine, for eligible children, at no charge to VFC enrolled public and private providers.
- Automatically covers vaccines recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Saves parents and enrolled providers out-of-pocket expenses for vaccine.
- Eliminates or reduces vaccine cost as a barrier to vaccinating eligible children.
- Encourages keeping children in their medical home for comprehensive health care.
- Available VFC vaccines
- VFC program flyer
- Vaccine storage and handling tool kit
- Temperature log (Celsius) (Fahrenheit)
- Additional VFC information
If you are a provider and would like to enroll in our VFC Program, send us an email with your contact information and we will send you an enrollment packet.
For information on Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Centers (RHCs), call the Immunization Program at 608-267-9959.