The Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) is a computerized internet database application that was developed to record and track immunization dates of Wisconsin children and adults. Immunization registries are an integral tool for assuring that children and adults receive immunizations according to recommended schedules, and can prevent over-immunizing.
Public Immunization Record Access allows individuals, parents, or legal guardians to look up their own or their child's immunization record in the WIR. Many people in Wisconsin receive immunizations from more than one provider. Without access to the immunization information, it can be difficult to know which vaccine you or your child needs at any particular time. Offering parents and guardians access to look up their child's immunizations can decrease the number of patient requests to providers for immunization records.
For Health Professionals
WIR Parent Brochure
Health care providers can order the following parent brochures through the DHS forms center. The form number is required when ordering; this is the P-number listed after the brochure name (see links below).
English - WIR - Parent brochure P-42154 (PDF, 225 KB)
Spanish - Folleto de WIR para Padres de Familia P-42154S (PDF, 220 KB)
Hmong - WIR - Niam Thiab Txiv Phau Me Nyuam Ntawv P-42154H (PDF, 191 KB)
- To register to attend a free WIR training, please contact the WIR Help Desk at 608-266-9691.
- WIR provider specifications list (PDF, 24 KB)
- Best practices for data entry: WIR user interface (PDF, 41 KB)
- Completeness and accuracy of the WIR: summary results (PDF, 322 KB) and published article
- Comparison of HL7 and batched file submissions to WIR
- Meaningful Use: Public Health Registration for Electronic Data Submission System (PHREDS)
- Meaningful Use: Immunization Objective