The Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) is a computerized internet database application that was developed to record and track immunization dates of Wisconsin children and adults.
Immunization registries are a important tool to make sure that children and adults receive immunizations according to recommended schedules, and can prevent over-immunizing.
Contact the WIR Help Desk by phone 608-266-9691 or email.
Public immunization record access allows individuals, parents, or legal guardians to look up their own or their child's immunization record in the WIR. Many people in Wisconsin receive immunizations from more than one provider. Without access to the immunization information, it can be difficult to know which vaccine you or your child needs at any particular time. Offering parents and guardians access to look up their child's immunizations can decrease the number of patient requests to providers for immunization records.
For Health Care Professionals and Local Health Departments
WIR Parent Brochure
Health care providers can order the following parent brochures through the Department of Health Services (DHS) forms center. The form number is required when ordering; this is the P-number listed after the brochure name (see links below).
Spanish - Folleto de WIR para Padres de Familia, P-42154S (PDF)
Hmong - WIR - Niam Thiab Txiv Phau Me Nyuam Ntawv, P-42154H (PDF)
- To register to attend a free WIR training, please contact the WIR Help Desk at 608-266-9691.
- For local health departments: WIR Mass Vaccination Training (August 2018)
- WIR Series Webinar: Provider report cards and error reporting tool (May 2018)
- Interoperability webinar (March 2017)
- WIR provider specifications list (PDF)
- Best practices for data entry: WIR user interface, P-00862A (PDF)
- Share data with the WIR flyer, P-01012 (PDF)
- Completeness and accuracy of the WIR: summary results, P-01012 (PDF) and published article
- Comparison of HL7 and batched file submissions to WIR
- Meaningful Use: Public Health Registration for Electronic Data Submission System (PHREDS)
- Meaningful Use: Immunization Objective
WIR Fact Sheets
Quick reference guides to help health care providers use all of the clinical tools within the WIR.