Below are answers to common questions about the IRIS (Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) program. If you cannot find the answer to your question, contact the IRIS Call Center by phone at 888-515-4747 or by email.
I want to...
Contact my IRIS consultant
If you are enrolled in IRIS and do not know your IRIS consultant's name or phone number, contact the IRIS Call Center by phone at 888-515-4747 or by email.
Update my plan or report that my condition has changed
- Your IRIS consultant can help you to update your plan or schedule a rescreen because your condition changed.
- If you do not know your IRIS consultant's name or phone number, contact the IRIS Call Center by phone at 888-515-4747 or by email.
Change IRIS consultants
Enroll in the IRIS program
- The first step is to contact your local aging and disability resource center (ADRC). ADRC representatives offer free, unbiased information about long-term care options and resources in Wisconsin for older adults, people with disabilities, and their families.
- More information about choosing IRIS is available on the IRIS home page.
Verify a participant-hired worker’s employment
- Employment verification is available through an IRIS participant's fiscal employer agent (FEA). The FEA does background checks on workers you hire, processes payroll, and helps with other employer tasks.
- The IRIS Management Section and the IRIS Call Center cannot verify employment.
- If you do not know which fiscal employer agent issues the worker’s payroll, contact the IRIS Call Center by phone at 888-515-4747 or by email. You will need to provide them with the worker’s full name to get this information.
Check on the status of a paycheck or service provider payment
- See the IRIS program's Payroll and Vendor Schedule, P-01740 (PDF). It lists payment dates for payroll and vendor claims by pay period. Plus, each fiscal employer agent (FEA) has its own payroll calendar posted on its website that you can view.
- You are responsible for submitting approved timesheets for your workers to your FEA by the submission deadline date in order for workers to receive their payments.
- Agency service providers are responsible for making sure they submit their claims to the fiscal employer agent by the submission deadline date to receive their payment.
- If you submitted your timesheet for a worker or a worker submitted a claim and has not received payment, contact your FEA.
Change my IRIS consultant agency or fiscal employer agent
If you want to change your IRIS consultant agency or fiscal employer agent you must contact your local aging and disability resource center (ADRC). Only the ADRC can help you change your IRIS consultant agency and/or fiscal employer agent.
File a complaint or grievance
- You can file a complaint or grievance directly with your IRIS consultant agency, your fiscal employer agent, to your providers, MetaStar, or to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Try to resolve your issue with your IRIS consultant agency or fiscal employer agent before filing a complaint or grievance with MetaStar.
- To file a complaint or grievance, contact MetaStar using the toll-free complaint and grievance hotline at 888-203-8338 or by email.
- If you are between the ages of 18 and 59, you can also contact the IRIS ombudsman, Disability Rights Wisconsin, for assistance by calling 800-928-8778. Disability Rights Wisconsin has offices in Rice Lake, Madison, and Milwaukee.
- If you are age 60 or older, you can contact the IRIS ombudsman, Board on Aging and Long-Term Care, for assistance by calling 800-815-0015.
Request a copy of an IRIS participant’s records
- Record requests should be made in writing and must include a completed and valid Release of Information Authorization, F-82009 (Word).
- Depending on the records you are seeking, you will need to submit your request to the correct office.
- For general records or copies of a long-term care functional screen, submit the record request to the participant’s IRIS consultant agency.
- For employment and timesheet records, submit the record request to the participant’s fiscal employer agent.
- For self-directed personal care records, submit the record request to the IRIS self-directed personal care oversight agency.
- For SharePoint and Fraud Allegation Review and Assessment (FARA) records, submit the record request by emailing the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- For records related to a deceased or disenrolled IRIS participant, submit the record request by emailing the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.