PPS: Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
County agencies are required to submit data to the Program Participation System (PPS) describing all enrolled mental health and substance use consumers, the services they receive, and their functional status.
We use this data to evaluate the performance and capacity of Wisconsin's behavioral health system.
PPS redesignWe are redesigning parts of PPS. This project includes merging the mental health and substance use modules into one module. Learn more this project.
- PP60.150.DUV03-AODA (PDF) Technical notes for IT staff: AODA batch upload upload process
- PP60.150.DUV09-Mental Health (PDF) Technical notes for IT staff: MH batch upload process
- AODA Data Dictionary (Excel) AODA field definitions and reference tables
- MH Data Dictionary (Excel) MH field definitions and reference tables
- PPS MH-AODA Batch Modifications (Word) Modifications to batch file specifications for MH/AODA
Batch XML specifications
- AODA and MH Excel File Templates - Excel templates from which an XML file can be created
- AODA XXX YYYYMMDD HHMM (XML) XML file layout for AODA
- Mapping Your Source Data to XML (PDF) Guidelines to generate MH and AODA XML files from an Excel spreadsheet
- MH XXX YYYYMMDD HHMM (XML) XML file layout for MH
- PPS Batch Processing Guidelines, P-02150 (PDF)
- Mental Health and AODA User Training (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
- Report Guide (PDF)
- Provider IDs in the PPS Mental Health and Substance Use Modules, P-02151 (PDF)
The Business Objects database that holds the data for PPS Portal reports is transitioning to a new SAS data warehouse. After the transition, the PPS Portal reports will no longer be available through the ForwardHealth website. Please watch for emails from DHS and SAS for training and news regarding this change. If you have questions, contact the Division of Care and Treatment Services.
- Quick Guide to Running PPS PORTAL Reports, P-01845 (PDF)
- Quick Guide to Running PPS PORTAL Reports for State Users, P-01845A (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Login Request Guide, P-01845B (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Login Request Guide for Wisconsin DHS Employees, P-01845C (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Login Request Guide for Access Administrators, P-01845D (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Access Administrator Guide, P-01845E (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Report Summaries, P-01845F (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Library, P-01845G (PDF)
- PPS PORTAL Report Feedback Form, F-02167 (Word)
For PPS application questions or problems, contact:
DHS SOS Desk
Hours of operation: 8:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. (Monday-Thursday)
You may call at other times and leave a message. Someone will return your call at the beginning of the next shift.