Health Emergency Preparedness and Response: Medical Stockpile
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) Medical Stockpile is a cache of state-owned medical surge supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) including gloves, gowns, coveralls, face masks, face shields, and N95 respirators. The stockpile is available at no cost to hospitals, clinics, and other health care providers should an incident or situation arise that outstrips existing inventory of such material.
To request supplies, please use the most recent version of the DHS Stockpile Request form, F-02825.
The DHS Medical Stockpile may be accessed by facilities or agencies that meet the following criteria:
- An emergency event has occurred, such as a mass casualty accident or pandemic.
- Requested items do not exist in local stocks or depletion of existing inventory is expected to occur, and supplies cannot be obtained from other sources in the needed time frame.
- Your facility has exhausted all attempts to obtain PPE from other sources, such as alternate and non-contract vendors, other facilities, local emergency management, local health department, or Tribal health agency.
- Your facility is following the latest Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), DHS, or other applicable guidelines for the use of PPE.
- Requested items do not exceed a two week's supply. Your facility may be able to reorder. Products are non-returnable.
There may be other extenuating circumstances that meet the requesting criteria; requesters are asked to indicate those as well. If you’re unsure if your facility is eligible to request, please submit your request as directed below. You will receive a call from DHS staff who can discuss your request and assist you with finding the resources you need.
How to request
- Explore all options for PPE. This includes sourcing from alternate and non-contract vendors, other facilities, local emergency management, and your local health department or Tribal health agency.
- If all other options are exhausted, download and complete the DHS Stockpile Request form, F-02825.
- Email the completed form to the DHS Stockpile inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in a consultation call with DHS to discuss your request.
For more information on the DHS Medical Stockpile, email the DHS Stockpile inbox at email@example.com.