The registration fees for x-ray facilities are listed in the Wis. Admin. Code § DHS 157.86. The pertinent section is listed below:
DHS 157.86 Registration of radiation machine facilities.
(1) REGISTRATION FEES. (a) An annual registration fee shall be levied for each site registration under this section, according to the following schedule:
- For a site having an ionizing radiation installation serving physicians and clinics, osteopaths and clinics, chiropractors or hospitals, the fee shall be $50 for each site and $50 for each x-ray tube.
- For a podiatric or veterinary site having an ionizing radiation installation, the fee shall be $50 for each site and $50 or each x-ray tube.
- For a dental site having an ionizing radiation installation, the fee shall be $50 for each site and $35 for each x-ray tube.
- For an industrial, school, research project or other site having an ionizing radiation installation, the fee shall be $50 for each site and $50 for each x-ray tube.
- An additional fee of $50, regardless of the number of devices, shall be required for each registration whenever the annual fee for renewal is not paid prior to the expiration of the registration.
- A change of ownership requires re-registration and fees paid by the new registrant.
- Any change in registration information shall be submitted to the department within 30 days after the change takes place. No fee is required for recording changes in registration information.
- Manufacturing, testing or servicing facilities shall be considered as one x-ray tube for registration purposes.
- Electron microscopes and extremity bone densitometers are exempt from registration fees after the initial registration.
Identify your facility type and fee
Dental facility: a facility providing ONLY dental x-ray services. Annual registration fee is $50 per facility, plus $35 per x-ray tube.
Non-dental facility: a facility providing non-dental x-ray services or a facility providing dental AND other services. Annual registration fee is $50 per facility, plus $50 per x-ray tube. The intended use or type of device does not matter.
Step one: Choose your facility type using the dropdown below:
Step two: Input the total number of tubes your are registering:
Step three: Click the button below to obtain a total.
Note: Total registration cost includes a $50 facility fee.