The NEXT survey program is a federal-state partnership that collects and documents x-ray radiation doses patients receive. Read the following pdf files for an overview of program and their latest data.
NEXT is run federally by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) Center for Devices and Radiological Health, and the results have been organized by the CRCPD (Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors).
- Overview (PDF, 204 KB)
- Mammography results (1992) (PDF, 880 KB)
- Dental results (1999) (PDF, 127 KB)
- Chest results (2001) (PDF, 161 KB)
- Abdomen/Spine results (2002) (PDF, 581 KB)
- Lumbosacral (LS) Spine Radiography Survey results (2002) (PDF, 634 KB)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Fluoroscopy results (2003) (PDF, 142 KB)