Health care and public health professionals
- Radon 101 Webinar: Recorded December 2, 2021. This webinar was designed to assist local public health professionals' response to questions about radon from community members. Staff from Wisconsin Department of Health Services Indoor Air and Radon Program provided an overview of radon measurement and mitigation basics and answered questions from local public health staff.
- Reducing the Risk From Radon: Information and Interventions. This guide was designed to provide health care providers with the information they need to reduce their patients' exposure to radon.
- Wisconsin Radon Action Month Toolkit. Are you looking to promote radon awareness in your community? This Wisconsin-specific guide will help you get started.
- Radon and Your Health Webinar (in Spanish) - This Spanish-language webinar was hosted by EPA and was recorded on January 31, 2023. Topics include the health effects of radon, federal efforts to promote radon testing, and examples from Georgia's radon education program.
General radon information
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - Radon: Extensive EPA information and booklets on radon, including the Citizen's Guide to Radon, Home Buyer's and Seller's Guide to Radon, Consumer's Guide to Radon Reduction, and Radon-Resistant New Construction; the EPA's national and state maps of radon zones; and the regulation proposed for radon in community water supplies.
- Wisconsin Radon Information Centers: Experts are available to help answer your questions and sell low-cost test kits to the general public.
Real estate professionals
Measurement and mitigation contractors
- Radonleaders.org: Resources for radon professionals
- National Radon Consensus Standards. These standards provide guidance on radon measurement and mitigation efforts of all building types. We encourage the use of these current codes and standards to help ensure public health protection.
Last revised February 8, 2024