Registers of Deeds file and issue:
- Copies of birth and death records for events occurring in that county.
- Copies of birth and death records for Wisconsin events for persons residing in that county at the time of the event.
- Copies of marriage records for marriages that occurred in that county.
- Copies of declaration and termination of domestic partnership records registered in that county.
Listing (PDF, 28 KB) (May 2015)
Milwaukee and West Allis City Vital Records Offices file and issue:
- Copies of birth and death records for events occurring in those cities.
County Clerks Listing and Map (August 2015)
- Issue marriage licenses for persons who marry in Wisconsin.
- Maintain public marriage applications for 10 years.
- Issue declaration and termination of domestic partnership records under Chapter 770, Wis. Stats. for same-sex domestic partners in that county.
- File divorce/annulment certificates for divorces/annulments granted in the county court.
- Issue copies of divorce decrees for divorces granted in the county court.
- File court orders affecting vital records (such as: amendments, legal name changes, adoptions, and paternity adjudications).
- Certify cause and manner of death on all injury and poisoning-related deaths and in other cases as mandated by state law.
- Issue releases to cremate bodies.
- Issue permits to disinter remains.
County Coroner/Medical Examiner Fee Information (for special services like issuing cremation releases) (PDF, 12 KB) (May, 2015)